Hub light build for mtb

antenorareal

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 30, 2017
PT
I already have a montane bike with a cst 48v and 30amps controller, but now I bought a better bike and I don't want so spoil the balance of this bike.

For what I read where, the lightest hub motor is the q100 cst.

What is the controller that I need for use with a 48v battery ? I would like one with waterproof connectors for use with muddy and raining days :)

Thanks in advance

Enviado do meu SM-G850F através de Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 4366

I already have a montane bike with a cst 48v and 30amps controller, but now I bought a better bike and I don't want so spoil the balance of this bike.

For what I read where, the lightest hub motor is the q100 cst.

What is the controller that I need for use with a 48v battery ? I would like one with waterproof connectors for use with muddy and raining days :)

Thanks in advance

They nearly all have the waterproof motor connector. the others don't matter if you mount the controller in a box or bag. The non-moulded (no waterproof) connectors are much easier to deal with.
Any KT sine wave controller and LCD should be OK. There's a 17 amp one from PSWPower that would be OK as long as you stick to the lower PAS levels at low speed. This supplier has a few to choose from, including this 14A one, which might be better:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/ebike-kits-LCD-display-with-controller-Big-discount/738588_1874826753.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.4931e607X4YPsu

antenorareal

Apr 30, 2017
PT
D8hve, by your experience, would I notice the diference in the handling between a q100c and a q128c ?

Topographer, thank you for the link...my case maybe a little diferente because of the mtb intended use

D

Deleted member 4366

D8hve, by your experience, would I notice the diference in the handling between a q100c and a q128c ?
No, even a big rear motor doesn't make much difference but the weight can be felt when you lift the bike or pedal without power.

antenorareal

Apr 30, 2017
PT
No, even a big rear motor doesn't make much difference but the weight can be felt when you lift the bike or pedal without power.
With my cst I find it hard to bunny hope, but probably it's just my poor tecnic :)

I am a little more cautious on jumps, because I am afraid that with extra height the wheel will be damage