Huge increase in UK e-bikes

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
There is a thread going on at the moment in the electric mountain bike forum featuring the Voodoo Zobob E from Halfords. A full suspension mountain bike with Bosch CX performance motor, 500Wh battery and Rock shox suspension, plus size tyres and dropper post that with discounts is being bought for £1850. They deserve to sell shed loads.

Nefarious

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2016
South Yorkshire; S11
There is a thread going on at the moment in the electric mountain bike forum featuring the Voodoo Zobob E from Halfords. A full suspension mountain bike with Bosch CX performance motor, 500Wh battery and Rock shox suspension, plus size tyres and dropper post that with discounts is being bought for £1850. They deserve to sell shed loads.
Sounds like a reasonable spec, if you can only get over the ridiculous name!!

English Tim

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 22, 2017
Dorset
I have a Kalkhoff and am now on its third motor, whilst still under warranty. It has the Impulse which is very noisy going up hills and switches itself off.

Which Kalkhoff’s have the Bosch motor?

Steve Bowles

Pedelecer
Mar 23, 2018
St Leonards, England
It wouldn't surprise me if the govt brought in a number-plate/registration scheme for pedelecs. With the current negative publicity caused by hit-and-run riders and "The Silent Killers On Our Roads" headlines in the newspapers, identification would seem to be a logical next step.

• Disagree
Reactions: Nealh

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
It wouldn't surprise me if the govt brought in a number-plate/registration scheme for pedelecs. With the current negative publicity caused by hit-and-run riders and "The Silent Killers On Our Roads" headlines in the newspapers, identification would seem to be a logical next step.
Really? What negative publicity? One accident and the odd throw away comment? Sorry to disagree.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I have a Kalkhoff and am now on its third motor, whilst still under warranty. It has the Impulse which is very noisy going up hills and switches itself off.

Which Kalkhoff’s have the Bosch motor?
I think there is one called a Jubilee, which I have ridden. Very nice, but I think the Raleigh Motus (virtually the same thing) is better as it has disc brakes.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

oggie

Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2017
chester
Halfords have made a bid to buy out Evans cycles and concentrate on E bike sales.
I have to say my Carrera Crossfire nearly 2 years old now is still absolutely bril to ride.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Registration already exists for Speed peds if the process works.
OEM 250w legal bikes are catered for under EPACS/Pedelecs legislation.
The only other registration that can take place is for kit bikes.