Humza Yousaf falls off mobility scooter in Holyrood

D

Deleted member 16246

Better than ending up under arrest like the previous TWO First Ministers... Salmon and Sturgeon. Fishy names and fishy ways....

How a bright spark like Sturgeon could be in bed with a man who had parked a hundred thousand pound camper van outside his mother's house and not be fully aware that contributions spent on buying that van were intended for another purpose, I do not know. Sturgeon never seemed naive to me - quite the opposite. Draw your own conclusions....

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
A man that can't go a scooter should not be in charge of anything...

I shouldn't laugh, dont like to see anyone falling off a bike/scooter etc.

You can see what happens though. He put his left foot in front of the wheel, which pretty much stopped it dead and down we go.

Well hard lesson learned there. Hospital equipment are not toys.

So who is next for the Daily Mail hate group to be spiteful to, ignoring their choice party who has so far spaffed £150 billion up the wall, with nothing to show for it.

Reactions: gsm.terra

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
It doesn't matter who wins the leadership, one disagrees with gay marriage and the other is Joe Biden in waiting...we're all doomed....

D

Deleted member 16246

So who is next for the Daily Mail hate group to be spiteful to, ignoring their choice party who has so far spaffed £150 billion up the wall, with nothing to show for it.
Is the Daily Mail hate group any worse than the Guardian hate group? Ever read Owen Jones, or John Grace or Polly Toynbee? Just depends who you want to see being hated. I don't like the Mail: It is shoddy, cheap and sensationalist, but it is no worse than some and a lot less hateful than the Guardian is.

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
Daily Mail and Guardian are as bad as each other, I uninstalled the Guardian app years ago as could no longer stomach a lot of the journalism...

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Is the Daily Mail hate group any worse than the Guardian hate group? Ever read Owen Jones, or John Grace or Polly Toynbee? Just depends who you want to see being hated. I don't like the Mail: It is shoddy, cheap and sensationalist, but it is no worse than some and a lot less hateful than the Guardian is.
Hating people was pretty easy before the war in Israel, but it's got a bit messed up because you're now not allowed to hate those that you could before, and you're supposed to hate those that you weren't allowed to before. I'll have to wait until it's over before I start hating again because I can't figure out who I'm supposed to hate, and I don't want to hate the wrong side.

D

Deleted member 16246

Hating people was pretty easy before the war in Israel, but it's got a bit messed up because you're now not allowed to hate those that you could before, and you're supposed to hate those that you weren't allowed to before. I'll have to wait until it's over before I start hating again because I can't figure out who I'm supposed to hate, and I don't want to hate the wrong side.
It all depends on whether you are bothered about who you are supposed to hate or who you are allowed to criticise. Personally - the people I hate most are the ones who are trying to tell me what to think, who to ally with and who I am supposed to dislike. More refined people might say this is a libertarian outlook - I don't know. I think it is my 'Keep away from me,' and 'Don't tell me what to do,' approach to life. I think that the tendency in our world is to interfere with people far too much. Regulations, petty rules, 'acceptable attitudes', and Ninny-Nanny State, always trying to infantilize free people. I'm having none of it.

It surprises me though, how many people are almost happy to have constraints put on ordinary things and ordinary attitudes. The idea that in Scotland now, the police might get involved if you refer to a biological male as 'he' or 'him', when he has made it known that he would prefer 'she', or 'her', is insane. This is likely soon to be the case in England too.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That we were all once children makes it simple. Every child can either be a lovable little angel or a hateful little tyke.

We don't change, so either love or hate according to the mood of the moment.

The idea that in Scotland now, the police might get involved if you refer to a biological male as 'he' or 'him', when he has made it known that he would prefer 'she', or 'her', is insane.
Easy, keep gender out of language. Instead of he/her or she/him, just use it/they.

Reactions: Tony1951
D

Deleted member 16246

That we were all once children makes it simple. Every child can either be a lovable little angel or a hateful little tyke.

We don't change, so either love or hate according to the mood of the moment.

Easy, keep gender out of language. Instead of he/her or she/him, just use it/they.
It all used to be simple in the times you and I remember when people were discouraged from thinking other people should be expected to take a lot of notice about how they felt. My parents, and I expect yours too, would have boxed my ears had I come up with such a notion as we are talking about here, or at least would have said, 'Don't be ridiculous. Go away and come back when you want to be sensible.'

• Agree
Reactions: Stanebike and flecc

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
The idea that in Scotland now, the police might get involved if you refer to a biological male as 'he' or 'him', when he has made it known that he would prefer 'she', or 'her', is insane.
Its mainly a lot of ******.

'It introduces new offences for threatening or abusive behaviour which is intended to stir up hatred based on prejudice towards characteristics including age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, transgender identity and variations in sex characteristics. '

It's not enough to get arrested for calling someone by their wrong pronoun, it has do be done in away that would be 'threatening or abusive behaviour which is intended to stir up hatred based on prejudice towards characteristics'

So they have now added 'transgender identity and variations in sex characteristics as well as age'. Interestingly they haven't added 'fat' or being a total 'cnt' to the list so whilst you cannot call someone a 'wee fanny' or and 'old git' if you want to go base at someone feel free to call them a 'fat cnt'...

Last edited: