Hybrid Mudguards for KTM Macina Cross 9 ?

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
are you having a laugh? For a ten quid set of mudguards? Probably invalidate the warranty. There has to be a simple solution here

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you are worried about warranty just buy some clip ons then andas already been said take the bike with you.

D

Deleted member 4366

I told you that if you have no bolt holes, you can zip-tie them on. I've done it to many bikes. It's not at all wafty, if that's what you're thinking. It's very strong and rigid.

Reactions: musicbooks

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
Here's a snap of the rear wheel FORK... I find it fascinating ... I'm sure there is some serious Austrian logic at work here;) The guard has to be pretty narrow to squeeze through the gap.

Attachments

Reactions: mfj197

mfj197

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2014
Guildford
Yup, d8veh's quite right - just use cableties if you need to. Although didn't you say
There is a hole but it doesn't go all the way through..
Isn't that a threaded hole, as Artstu said? So you just need to use the correct sized bolt (Artstu thought it was M5) and fit any set of mudguards you like?

Michael

mfj197

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2014
Guildford
Thanks for the photos - looks like there is a steel insert too. Bolt the mudguard direct to that hole. And yes, you might need to trim the 'guards to fit through, although if you choose a narrow-enough one you might not need to.

EDIT: P.s. Could you measure the width just below the crossmember with the hole? Mudguards sit a bit below that. The Mondial tyre is 42mm at its widest, so that gives us some idea.

Michael

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

I think that you're thinking that it's more difficult than it is. It would take me less than two minutes to fit a pair of Beavertails to that bike.

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
I always think things are more difficult than they are.. :) The other prob is that the clamp on the end of the zefal rear mudguard doesn't fit the upright post.. The post is too fat for the plastic bracket... Bloody engineers! ;)

Last edited:

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
Thanks for the photos - looks like there is a steel insert too. Bolt the mudguard direct to that hole. And yes, you might need to trim the 'guards to fit through, although if you choose a narrow-enough one you might not need to.

EDIT: P.s. Could you measure the width just below the crossmember with the hole? Mudguards sit a bit below that. The Mondial tyre is 42mm at its widest, so that gives us some idea.

Michael
Hi MIchael,
Width = 4.8 cm approx

D

Deleted member 4366

I thought you'd eliminated those Zefal ones in your first post. Since then, a whole load of alternative suggestions were offered.

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
I thought you'd eliminated those Zefal ones in your first post. Since then, a whole load of alternative suggestions were offered.
Sorry to annoy you d8veh.. not intentional.. I have eliminated the zefals, but I've read a few reviews of beavertails and some buyers have found that the plastic clamp on the rear guard doesn't fit .. or won't reach the seat post upright on their MTB. I just don't want to waste any more money.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Musicbooks on your rear frame pic 1.jpg there are two carrier rack bolts (1 either side) these should be the same thread as the threaded hole underneath(probably m5). Why do you keep talking about apoxy bracket? Position and mark the mudguard, drill a hole thru the mudguard and metal bracket if necessary and screw bolt in to self tapped hole directly simples !!

Last edited:

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
The clip at the end of the rear mudguard doesn't fit/reach its intended mooring on the frame. I don't think it's worth pursuing this conversation.. Thanks folks for all your patience and help.. I might just stick with a wet arse. :)

D

Deleted member 4366

I had the same on one of my bikes. i just cut a piece of aluminium strip, bent it to the shape of three sides of a rectangle, fixed it to the mudguard with a nut and screw and used a zip tie to hold the other side to the frame.

Note that there's two versions of Beavertail XLs. The new type don't have that clip, which is why I used that DIY bracket. The new type look much nicer. Only Chainreaction seem to have the old type like in your photo above. You can't go by the photos. They always show that type, then send the new ones.

I'll try and get some photos,