Hydrogen pedelec rental in Biarritz (hopefully)

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
(after the G7).

What's a shame I think is if I remember correctly Biarritz is pretty hilly so I'm not sure the 250w motors are going to last long. £7.5k bikes and all.

Attachments

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
What a fantastic development, but, my God, they're ugly aren't they?
This has got to be one way to go to power our power hungry lifestyles though. Excess wind and solar power used to generate hydrogen to be used later (does hydrogen degrade with storage?). How about hydrogen micro plants for domestic generation - of course the central generation beomoths will say it's not possible.
I've heard - no back up for this- that hydrogen production from water takes far more energy input than what is gained from fuel use, kinda makes sense that that would be so, anyone know?

Reactions: jonathan75

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
One Fuggly looking bike :eek: .

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Apparently not fueled by hydrogen but compressed 'carbon gas'
Should make the Green lobby jump up and down.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Nothing new under the sun as they say.

Aprilia produced a hydrogen fuel cell powered e-bike in January 2001 with the intention to market it in 2003, but unfortunately that didn't happen, probably due to the lack of pressurised hydrogen points back then. It used a similar in-line crank motor to the Yamaha and later Tonaro e-bikes.

Here's links about it:

Link 1

Link 2

Last edited:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I'm on the front line at the moment, literally. Police vs Black Blocks match due to start any time soon.

The company has a contract with la poste and in that context hydrogen works - canisters can be left along the mail run if it is long.

As for 250 W it is steeper where I live than in Biarritz and I have no issues with so little power.

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
Nothing new under the sun as they say.

Aprilia produced a hydrogen fuel cell powered e-bike in January 2001 with the intention to market it in 2003, but unfortunately that didn't happen, probably due to the lack of pressurised hydrogen points back then. It used a similar in-line crank motor to the Yamaha and later Tonaro e-bikes.

Here's links about it:

Link 1

Link 2

Oh god. We're never going to get hydrogen ebikes are we.

Just going to have to pack a couple of Whales for that long-distance trip I keep planning...

• :D
Reactions: flecc