I’m new to ebikes.

B1ll

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 21, 2022
Well done! I too have lost about 3 stones and it feels great! I managed it over a couple of years, your losing 2 stones since Christmas is amazing. This final 3/4 stone is proving to be very stubborn, but I'll get there...
Hi Guerney, You’re so right! It’s knowing the weight you should be when you, consistently, do exercises. As someone said about young horses, in the Grand National, they’re not as strong as the older ones! That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!
Thanks for your reply,
Bill.

Reactions: guerney

B1ll

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 21, 2022
Hi Guerney, Have you any experience of buying padded cycling shorts? I’ve got a gel saddle, I thought something to match might be a good investment?!
Bill.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Hi Guerney, Have you any experience of buying padded cycling shorts? I’ve got a gel saddle, I thought something to match might be a good investment?!
Bill.
I have never worn padded cycling shorts - the gel saddle I tried (my bike has zero suspension options, the i-beam saddle is sharp) slipped off too often, so I bought a cheap wider than usual saddle with big springs, and replaced my 1.5" tyres with 1.75", which makes for a much more comfortable ride. If that hadn't worked, I'd have fitted 2.125" wide tyres, and a final stab at the problem would have been the fitting of a Cane Creek Thudbuster or similar.

Similar saddle to mine:

Last edited:

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
I have never worn padded cycling shorts - the gel saddle I tried (my bike has zero suspension options, the i-beam saddle is sharp) slipped off too often, so I bought a cheap wider than usual saddle with big springs, and replaced my 1.5" tyres with 1.75", which makes for a much more comfortable ride. If that hadn't worked, I'd have fitted 2.125" wide tyres, and a final stab at the problem would have been the fitting of a Cane Creek Thudbuster or similar.
The X already comes with 1.95 tyres. You can't fit a Thudbuster or Suntour as the seat-post is the battery.

I've had padded shorts/undies. IMHO useless. In times of backside stress, I found a triple-pack of M&S cotton briefs provided better comfort (true if laughable)!

Glad the OP has his bike sorted. It really shouldn't have been such an ordeal.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
I'm not sure that'd work too well either given the post profile and potential clash of the bolt holding the saddle bracket from underneath?
1682514251836.png