I’m new to ebikes.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
tt ebike is faster but only 1 lap and no quick charge so plod will catch you but tt race speed is insane.

and why you will die!

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
tt ebike is faster but only 1 lap and no quick charge so plod will catch you but tt race speed is insane.

and why you will die!
Whoa - check out 5s into the video: Flat against the wall. I'd be as dead travelling at 15mph, if a SUV/wall of metal hit me travelling in the opposite direction.

Reactions: soundwave

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
I don't know what Fiido are playing at. Both your chain length and the way your wheel has been laced look wrong to me.

Here's your wheel:

Here's what's posted on Fiido's own website:

Reactions: guerney

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The spoke/ nipple angle is terrible , given time spokes will snap. It certainly looks like it has been laced/built by someone with little or no idea.
The chain length is easy to check , remove the chain from the derailleur and wrap it around the two largest gears . The ends should should meet and pass each othe rwhen pulled taut by 2 full links.

• Informative

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The spoke/ nipple angle is terrible , given time spokes will snap. It certainly looks like it has been laced/built by someone with little or no idea.
Looks like someone has tried to lace similarly to a motorbike wheel spoke pattern, except the nipples on the Fiido wheel are not angled for the spokes:

Last edited:

B1ll

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 21, 2022
Hi guys,
This is an update. As you know, I had to send my Fiido X back because of a broken frame. Fiido’s service was good, they replaced it in good time. I had it checked over at my local bike shop except for actually turning the bike on, because I didn’t give them the code. Today I took it on my first foray into ebike cycling only to find that it won’t switch on!
Try as I might it wouldn’t work although the battery light was on. According to the instructions, I entered the code to no avail; then I noticed that, when the seat clamp is fully depressed, one side fully engages but, clearly, the other side does not. The display doesn’t light up and the motor doesn’t power the bike when cycling.
I am going to persist in trying to get it working but I have emailed Fiido. To cap it all, Vive Scooters went out of business while I was dealing with the first fault! I’ve left a message on their answering machine but I’m not hopeful. I am so disappointed, the bike looks good but it has problems.
Regards,
B1ll.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
So they sold you a broken bike, replaced it with a deranged bike, and self-destructed? Have you approached Fiido directly, or have you just been dealing with this utterly useless shop? Did they give you a Fiido warranty card? (It might not matter).

I hope you can find some way to sort out this disgusting situation. Perhaps try to get your money back through your bank or credit card company?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
If it's this company in Rainham, they may still be a trading entity:

B1ll

Oct 21, 2022
Hello Guerney,
I’ve emailed Fiido, China is 8 hours ahead of us so I’m hoping they’ll reply late tomorrow morning our time. They were quite good at responding.
I’ll let you know as soon as I know.
Regards,
Bill.

• Informative

B1ll

Oct 21, 2022
I've no experience of Fiido bikes - all I would say is that torque sensing is the way to go, especially if you like to get exercised when riding IMHO. That's not to say that 'cadence' enabled bikes done give you exercise, but the cycling experience is somewhat different.
Hi, It’s a few months since my last reply. Sorry but tonight is my first ride this year! A lovely evening in Blackpool. My Fiido X is working fine. It’s so long since I started it up that I needed to watch the startup video on YouTube! I’ve just been up the two steepest hills while seated and in the first setting; my legs felt the burn!
I’ve lost 2 stones since Christmas, so that’s 3 altogether. I hope I can lose a bit more with my bike and diet.
I’ve tried to post a video with this but I have forgotten how!
I’ll post again soon. Thanks for all your posts advising me.
Regards,
Bill.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I’ve lost 2 stones since Christmas, so that’s 3 altogether. I hope I can lose a bit more with my bike and diet.
Well done! I too have lost about 3 stones and it feels great! I managed it over a couple of years, your losing 2 stones since Christmas is amazing. This final 3/4 stone is proving to be very stubborn, but I'll get there...

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
Well done you guys on shedding the 'stones' and including cycling in the regime is such a nice way to do this - providing of course that the 'coffee and cake' stops are under control o_O .

Been out myself today with a friend - such a lovely day and managed TWO coffee/cake stops!!!

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Well done you guys on shedding the 'stones' and including cycling in the regime is such a nice way to do this
I wish that were true for me, but it's intermittent fasting and slow jogging which made me thin! My ebike made me fatter! But that's because of the way I use it and have set it up - it's pretty much a throttle-less moped... turn the pedals a bit and my bike rapidly accelerates to 15.5mph and keeps me there, to deliver me to work sweat-free many miles later, which is what it's for. I'm assembling an acoustic bike for pursuing fitness... but I'll probably end up electrifying that too! :rolleyes:

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0050_03.JPG

82 miles this month :p i think i need a new hip tho :(

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i only get full power at 120rpm if i slow down ill start getting fat :D

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i use the jumps of road mainly on the pavements going 35mph you will fly and why i have that massive shock with 350psi in it as old one was rubbish and to soft.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
i use the jumps of road mainly on the pavements going 35mph you will fly and why i have that massive shock with 350psi in it as old one was rubbish and to soft.
I do end up having to jump off pavements sometimes - no shock absorbers of any sort, and my Dahon folding bike hasn't broken yet!