I broke my battery connector

D

Deleted member 4366

I'll put some short wires on it, and supply a couple of screw connectors. The only thing you'll need to do is cut off the old wire close to the terminal and screw it in to the connector, but then it needs to be insulated with some tape or something.

Reactions: CorpusLuteum

CorpusLuteum

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2014
I'll put some short wires on it, and supply a couple of screw connectors. The only thing you'll need to do is cut off the old wire close to the terminal and screw it in to the connector, but then it needs to be insulated with some tape or something.
Thank you so much. You have no idea how grateful I am for your help. You're awesome :)

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
CL if you get really stuck in respect of fitting the part that Dave supplies you, there is a lad on another forum that I use who fixes and repairs bikes to give to youngsters from deprived areas. I have an idea that he comes from Manchester, and I'm sure that he would be willing to help you out if he can.
I'll keep my eye on the thread, and if you do get stuck, I'll forward you his details.

CorpusLuteum

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2014
CL if you get really stuck in respect of fitting the part that Dave supplies you, there is a lad on another forum that I use who fixes and repairs bikes to give to youngsters from deprived areas. I have an idea that he comes from Manchester, and I'm sure that he would be willing to help you out if he can.
I'll keep my eye on the thread, and if you do get stuck, I'll forward you his details.
Thank you. I will keep you guys posted :)

Cabo

Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2012
Belfast
Thank you so much. You have no idea how grateful I am for your help. You're awesome :)
I broke the same on mine. I stuck them together with hot melt glue (araldite or superglue did not work).
It has held 6 months now.
A lot of these connections are breaking. The problem is the plastic holding the two pins is very flimsy. When you push the battery up the guide tracks there its a tight fit and takes a good shove.
I now push the battery up slowly until the pins are only just in so they can allign. Then with both hands a slow steady firm push.

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
I should imagine that the metal bracket holding the connector is slightly misaligned so that the pins do not engage easily with the slots in the frog battery.

When you replace the connector please make sure you correct the alignment with a pair of pliers or you might suffer a repeat failure.

It will be obvious when you have got it right because the frog battery will engage without too much pressure. If it starts getting tight again at a later date re-check and align - forcing it home will not cure the problem.

I hope this helps.