I didn't know that eBikes were legal !

Oldie

Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2013
Scotland
I'd always thought that eBikes were illegal in the UK, that was until I stumbled across the BBC article the other day :D

I gave up cycling several years ago as I found the hills/headwinds getting a bit too much and I didn't even bother when on holiday abroad (lots of nice level tracks) as my wife isn't a cyclist at all and hasn't been on a bike since her teenage years.

However, having realised that eBikes were not only legal, but also quite sophisticated, I wondered if there was a dedicated forum and subsequently came across this one - and started reading. A couple of days later I had ordered a couple of bikes from Hatti, a Santana for my wife and a Sirocco CD for myself. Delivery should be later this week :D

We have good tracks near us (Loch Lomond) and also take the car to the Mosel Valley quite often so the opportunities are there for some fun cycling. It will be nice to go somewhere and have a pub lunch again :cool:

The biggest difficulty has been choosing the right bikes as there appear to be a number of good brands discussed on here and, more importantly, very good feedback from the retailers/distributors. The bikes from Juicy, Kudos eZee (and others) all look like possible future purchases but we've gone with Woosh to start our eBike adventure. Similarly, we don't really know what the "real life" differences will be between hub or crank, types of gearing, battery life etc etc so we decided just to get stuck in and find out. Hatti was certainly very helpful when discussing different models.

So, thank you all for a very informative forum and I shall, no doubt, be posting some ride reports and pics in due course :D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The warm welcome echoed Oldie, I hope you both get years of enjoyment from your new e-bikes.

AlMel

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2013
Essonne, France
Two days to make up your mind- you’re a fast mover, oldie! And you’re going to be even faster on those bikes! Welcome!

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
I like your style oldie, you don't hang around. :) As to the differences between hub/crank or any other magical drives, don't worry about it. Just get out and play on your bikes. Oh and welcome to the forum.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Two days to make up your mind- you’re a fast mover, oldie! And you’re going to be even faster on those bikes! Welcome!
I have been thinking about it for two years, nearly there now.