I get some funny looks because of this but its great fun!

Ettica

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2008
Heskin Lancashire
Here is my new bike trailer...

and these are the occupants....

and here is a video of me following my wife. She is riding the Salisbury with the "dog" trailer and I am trying to keep up on a normal mountain bike!!:(

http://stabletalkmedia.com/media/bike.wmv

video is wmv and 39mb so will take a minute or so to start playing if you have broadband.

It was great fun!!:D

wotwozere

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2008
Hi

That looks great fun I wish I had a dog to do that with.

What kind of bike is it?

thx

Bob

wibble

Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2008
You should've climbed into the box with the dogs.

By the way - was the cops chasing you?

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
You could have stopped and let the dogs out and give us a look...its a bit of a boring vid - don't give up your day job's :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think all of us who tow trailers behind bikes get funny looks Ettica, but having dogs in them does get more attention. The Velovision cycling magazine issue 12 had a large illustrated article on dog carrying with many amusing photos of them in trailers, perched on carriers, on a goods quad bike and perched high on a recumbent trike. The cover photo below is of the author and her dog:

Canine.jpg

Ettica

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2008
Heskin Lancashire
There was a distant alarm going off somewhere or it may have been the cops... maybe they held back because of the crackdown on police car chases :D

Sorry the vid was a bit boring. I'll try and get the dogs to jump out, run round the back and start performing the opening song from West Side Story while juggling with 3 bananas and a half eaten victoria sponge. :)

The bike is a Salisbury, and I rather like it. For what it does and how it performs for me, then I think it is well worth the money.

Flecc:
That Alsation might compromise the Salisbury's performance somewhat. But maybe if I was as light as the lady who's riding the bike I might get away with it. It is surprising what people do tow with their bikes though:p

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Two's enough for me Wibble, beyond that my recycling activities for the neighbours comes to a halt!

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Ettica

What a delightfull post.

Makes a pleasant change from all the heavy stuff we get on this forum. thanks for the pic and video.

The expression on your woofits faces seem to be saying "You want us to sit in THAT"

Now, have you thought about some holes in the bottom of the trailer.

It could be an 8 paw pusher!!!.

Ettica

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2008
Heskin Lancashire
Thanks Blew it.
I'm not very technical :)

Flecc:
I couldn't believe one of your pics when I first saw it. Amazing!

Could you see behind you?
and is there a law about restricted vision on a bike?

seeker

Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2008
Dah,Da,Da,Dah!!

Hi Wibble,
You have waay too much time on your hands photoshop boy.;)

Hey flecc I bet you built that trailer yourself! (cue A-Team music):D

Regards

seeker

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Flecc:
I couldn't believe one of your pics when I first saw it. Amazing!

Could you see behind you?
and is there a law about restricted vision on a bike?
There is no law on this that I know of, but I never ride a bike without a mirror and good rear vision. The bars
on my bikes are quite wide and I have a bar end mirror on each which you can see in the photos which sees
alongside the trailer in exactly the same way as a van mirror.

In addition I have my own construction hitch arrangements. Instead of an unstable seatpost hitch or side hitch,
I make my own car style rear towball hitches to ensure the trailer follows the bike very accurately around turns.
This is essential on the shared pedestrian/cycle paths around here to ensure there's no risk of touching and
possibly injuring a walker.

One type is in that photo, and the one on my other bike you can see and read about here:

Q bike hitch

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hey flecc I bet you built that trailer yourself! (cue A-Team music):D

Regards

seeker

Yes I did seeker and it was featured in an article in A to B magazine issue 40. I made it out of some discounted
aluminium step ladders, stripped down to provide the rails, corner curves and the step platforms forming side
and front separators, pop rivetting throughout. Here's a photo of it carrying the same type of ladder used in it's
design and construction. As you can see, it has detachable side posts and a detachable bolster bar for long
loads. The internal mudguards are made from a plastic dustbin lid cut in half:

Last edited:

seeker

Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2008
Wow!

Must say I am in awe of the way the guys on this forum can just build add-ons and modify their bikes just like that!?!

Ettica

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2008
Heskin Lancashire
Nearly 4 years on and yes I still have the trailer and Salisbury but sadly Charlie, one of the dogs is no longer with us, RIP Charlie.

Anyway, I am now fulfilling my ambition to enthusiastically promote ebiking by opening a unit selling and hiring ebikes. I have six at the moment with a trike coming soon! It's great, feel like a kid in a sweet shop :)
Hope all is well with you fellow ebikers.