I have a brand new bike...

mrpscott

Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2010
I have just completed the first 500km on my BH Emotion NEO Carbon - last two trips were both 60 miles+ and 2000' of climb and only used first chunk and a bit on the battery monitor. I ride without any power for as much as possible and found the lowest setting more than enough to get up some pretty serious hills.
I am mid fifties, cast a decent shadow, asthmatic and loving the new bike!

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
The ride ended up being 56.5 miles with a massive 2967 ft of ascent.
....Hi Taff....is this the same bike with battery that claims 20-45 mile range ?

I have a yen for this bike, you make it sound very desireable.
....I'm hopeing to be in Kidderminster in 2/3 weeks time and hopeing to see/try this bike.

be lucky.....Mike

Taff

Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2011
Wrexham
Nice looking bike indeed. Bit lighter so that helps as does 30 gears. Never seen this bike before. Was it a special edition?
Seems fairly flattish there?

Taff

Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2011
Wrexham
....Hi Taff....is this the same bike with battery that claims 20-45 mile range ?

I have a yen for this bike, you make it sound very desireable.
....I'm hopeing to be in Kidderminster in 2/3 weeks time and hopeing to see/try this bike.

be lucky.....Mike
Not sure what they claim but I would take any claims with a pinch of salt.
It's a great bike and I'm thrilled with it. If you use the battery 'sparingly' you would get a longer range.

My last run included 3000ft of ascent; was 56 miles and still a little power left.

There's a small hill to run up at Onbike - I think you'll enjoy the experience.

mrpscott

Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2010
Not a special edition however because of it's price point I don't think they expect to sell many in the UK so it is not really advertised. It was only in discussion with Martin at OnBike that I found out it was possible to obtain one in the UK. I bought it because 'I'm worth it'!! (as they say!!)

I have no link with OnBike other than being a customer and have found them very very helpful - to the extent that Martin spent pretty much half the Saturday I collected the bike getting the bike set up to fit me and add one or two 'bits'!

There are some pretty reasonable hills around here to test the legs and lungs - I have devised a local 21 mile loop that has 2200'+ of climbs on it. Ideal for an early evening work out, then I ruin it all by going to the pub!!

ghouluk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 11, 2013
Taff,

quick question on your no extra assist when you went up from eco comment above - did you do any further investigation.

something i've noticed is that if I'm in top gear, the bike is nearly always giving out as much as it can, presumably because of the way i pedal with a very heavy right foot and then a light left, the torque sensor kicks me in to max all the time.

if i go lower down the gears, i get a much more noticeable differential with the assist levels.

not sure if thats true in general or something to do with my cadence.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
No - it is the NEO Carbon - not many around in the UK!!

Have a look at this link -

The BH Emotion NEO Carbon E Bike Review - Video Dailymotion

Cracking bike, that!

We had one at Eden & "persuaded" lots of roadies to give it a spin: They all loved it & couldn't believe it actually weighs 18kg. All thought it was lighter.

We had one chap who's wife wanted an ebike, because she couldn't keep up when they rode together: She tried 5 or 6 different bikes & hubby was getting cheesed-off waiting for her to come round again, so we tried to get him to try one:
"I'm not riding that rubbish - My road bike only weighs 4kg"
Finally hooked him with the Carbon; "Carbon? Oh well, might as well I suppose"...
Five laps later - big grin - "You were right... How much?"

I can honestly say we didn't have one person get off a bike & not see the point of having one.

Taff

Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2011
Wrexham
Taff,

quick question on your no extra assist when you went up from eco comment above - did you do any further investigation.
Yes. I think it is 'sticking' as sometimes I can feel a higher input and sometimes I can't.
It's due its first service soon so I hope they will look at that.

something i've noticed is that if I'm in top gear, the bike is nearly always giving out as much as it can, presumably because of the way i pedal with a very heavy right foot and then a light left, the torque sensor kicks me in to max all the time.

if i go lower down the gears, i get a much more noticeable differential with the assist levels.

not sure if thats true in general or something to do with my cadence.
In top gear I would be over 15mph. In lower gears I am finding I can 'control' the torque better.