I have a Yose power front wheel conversion kit is it possible to change assist level's in the computer, I find the level between 2 and 3 to big.

Mark Lovegrove

Just Joined
Jul 3, 2022
I have a Yose power front wheel conversion kit is it possible to change assist levels in the computer, i find the level between 2 and 3 to big.

Sturmey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2018
Ireland
Hi. There is two versions of that kit. I am familiar with the older version only. Its fitted with a Kunteng or KT controller and LCD3 marked Y01. There is a setting C14 which affects the scaling of P1 to 4 with torque imitation control (P3 must be set to 1). C14 is normally set for 2 but in your case, you could change C14 to 1.
If you have the Lishui controller, someone else may help as I am unfamiliar with it. Perhaps you should state what version of the kit you have.

Reactions: Mark Lovegrove

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If the latter speed control Lishui then one is stuck with the settings, some contollers have a white data plug but to use this you need the manufacturer software to re program.

Wheelie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 24, 2022
North Wales
I have a Yose power front wheel conversion kit is it possible to change assist levels in the computer, i find the level between 2 and 3 to big.
I have recently fitted a Yose front hub with KD21C display and this allows you to set different numbers of assist levels;

"Assist Level mode options
There are 8 assist level modes: 0-3, 1-3, 0-5, 1-5, 0-7, 1-7, 0-9, 1-9."

If you have this display maybe using a mode with more levels will make the jump between less obvious.