I love your country

Tex

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2009
Sydney, Australia
London: unlike Sydney, bikes everywhere. Wonderful. And on electrics: already seen an A2B, a Bromptopn nano, a trek cytronex and a DIY. And that's just SW1! Let's see what Birmingham holds next.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Glad to hear you arrived ok Tex. London has doubled it's cycling in one decade, the secret being the £8 a day congestion charge. Do the same in your Australian cities and you'll get a second cyclist in each one (only teasing, enjoy your visit ;)).

Birmingham was for years our Detroit, motor city, so it might disappoint from a cycling point of view.

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
Glad to hear you arrived ok Tex. London has doubled it's cycling in one decade, the secret being the £8 a day congestion charge. Do the same in your Australian cities and you'll get a second cyclist in each one (only teasing, enjoy your visit ;)).

Birmingham was for years our Detroit, motor city, so it might disappoint from a cycling point of view.
Overcrowded and slow public transport helps too, as well as a distinct lack of parking for anything motorised.

Tex

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2009
Sydney, Australia
I get to London a couple of times a year, so I have a standard of comparison and I think there are visibly a LOT more bike and e-bikes on the road.

Thank you for your welcome, BTW.

PS. I might go and check out OnBike tommorow.

tagray

Pedelecer
Dec 2, 2007
I get to London a couple of times a year, so I have a standard of comparison and I think there are visibly a LOT more bike and e-bikes on the road.

I get to London every week using my Dahon folder to get round town, and its got so "bad" that there are "bike-jams" now in the rush hour on the dedicated cycle lanes!

Tex

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2009
Sydney, Australia

Woops- sunday=closed. #fail