Identifying a Bafang motor

Phil the drill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2008
TR9
Hi

can any one out there tell me how to identify which Bafang motor I've got? I have acquired a 36v motor which had a sticker saying 200w on it mounted in a 26" wheel. Bafang's website lists quite a number of alternatives for the motor with significant performance differences between them. I'd like to know which version this motor is (I don't trust the sticker either), but I can't find any identification numbers or marks stamped anywhere on the outside of the hub - unless I have somehow missed them. Any (relatively) simple way of checking out which version I have - preferably without dismantling the hub.....

Thanks, Phil

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If it is a Suzhou Bafang motor, it should have a long alpha-numeric number stamped into the side wall angle.

Phil the drill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2008
TR9
If it is a Suzhou Bafang motor, it should have a long alpha-numeric number stamped into the side wall angle.
Thanks Flecc.
It's supposed to be a Bafang motor but I didn't see a serial number. I'll go and have a more thorough look again in the light in the morning - in case I've been daft and overlooked it somehow!
Cheers, Phil