I'm in a dilemma not sure what to do.?????

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
Hi,
I'm toying with a few ideas in regards to my cycling as I have 3 bikes which are a Boardman hybrid Pro 29er,Voodoo Bizango 29er and a Kalkhoff Agattu premium C11 excessive I know the deal I got on the Boardman and Voodoo was to good to miss.

The Boardman and the Voodoo are both brand new as I use the Kalkhoff,but even that has got low mileage as I don't have much time as I would like to ride it.

Do I stick with all three as they could be used for different circumstances or do I sell them all in exchange for a better specced ebike like a Haibike,Ktm mtb and alike and purchase a second set of wheels and tyres that I could use for road use as this would be an easier swap over.

Or

Sell the Kalkhoff and the Boardman to fund converting the Voodoo into an ebike with the purchase of a second set of wheels for road use.

Your thoughts.....

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Sounds like lots of fun. I'd keep all three.
Correction:
I'd add a BPM CST kit to the Voodoo.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
I have three bikes, one electric, one with spikes for the winter and a hack to use for short journeys and to lend out. It would break my heart to part with any of them, in fact I would like another, maybe an off road capable folder to fit in the car, I can feel a new shed build coming on!
As you haven't used yours much I don't suppose you'll have the emotional attachments that I have (I know it's a bit sad) so maybe it's best to pool your resources and buy or build the best bike you can, it also saves a lot of space.:)

Dave.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Let your heart rule your head dinger19, since these are leisure bikes. Only you know what you really need to do and the fact that you bought these shows you really wanted them.

So if you can afford to keep them and have the space, just do that and enjoy the ownership and occasional usage.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
Let your heart rule your head dinger19, since these are leisure bikes. Only you know what you really need to do and the fact that you bought these shows you really wanted them.

So if you can afford to keep them and have the space, just do that and enjoy the ownership and occasional usage.
If it was normal bikes I would agree. But surely the problem with having a few electric bikes is battery care? If you’re not using them for a while you run the risk of problems developing even with sophisticated batteries.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If it was normal bikes I would agree. But surely the problem with having a few electric bikes is battery care? If you’re not using them for a while you run the risk of problems developing even with sophisticated batteries.
Yes, but my advice was specifically addressed to dinger19. He has just one e-bike which he is using preferentially, so only the two unpowered bikes are hardly used.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
Yes, but my advice was specifically addressed to dinger19. He has just one e-bike which he is using preferentially, so only the two unpowered bikes are hardly used.
Point taken. I thought he had three e bikes like some others who’ve posted on the thread.

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008
, I can feel a new shed build coming on!
With quite a collection of bikes in a 'summer house' and shed, chairperson of the committee (mrs 'O') always bans any attempts for another shed - it'll only get filled with bikes she says :)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you are doing diy builds and want more then one bike and only one battery then use the 09 down tube type battery and just buy the cradle to sit it in and swap between bikes. Woosh might sell you one or BMSB do a nice little one with intergrated 20a controller which comes with LCD3, pas, throttle,brake cut outs etec,etc. Its is a plug and play lecky kit with waterproof connectors and a mutlipin one for a hub
about £58 plus del.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
With quite a collection of bikes in a 'summer house' and shed, chairperson of the committee (mrs 'O') always bans any attempts for another shed - it'll only get filled with bikes she says
I always make sure that swmbo's is the one that's in the way!:)

Dave.