Impulse 2.0 problems

Jacq

Just Joined
Jan 12, 2019
I bought a Kalkhoff endeavour about 6 months ago, and have experienced 4 times in that period that my ebike would not start up in the morning after having used it just fine the day before . Battery shows as charged & until now at some stage it starts working ok again. No rhyme nor reason when that will happen. My dealer has no idea what it is and cannot replicate the fault (sod's law that it has come on again by the time they have it in the workshop). I think it needs to be replaced under warranty. Has anyone ever experienced this problem?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
yup near every impulse motor fails there was a massive thread on here about it and the only fix offers was endless motor replacements until it was pointed out they only got so many times to fix it or money back under uk trading standards.

i would get a full refund as there not fit for purpose.

Jacq

Just Joined
Jan 12, 2019
Yes, I have read those but they seem to concern the old Impulse motors (mine is only from 2018) and what is described does not seem to match my experience. Mine almost feels like an electrical communication problem between on/off switch, monitor and/or battery, as the display malfunctions (does not light up). It never happens during use but always next morning after having used it fine the day before (and been on charge in between). My bike shop says they have never come across it and they did know about the motor problems in the past.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if you can get a refund then it is ur best option as id not bet on any impulse motor it is just not worth the hassle.

Oct 25, 2006
I'd suspect the connectors between the head unit cable and motor losing connection, a quite common problem. Condensation or forming a diodic layer are usual causes.

Try unplugging and replugging two or three times, preferably spraying them with some switch/contact cleaner while apart. There's a very good chance that will solve the problem.