Inevitable that its going to happen

nightrider

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2014
Just reading about the banning of e scooters on trains due to fire safety concerns is bound to lead to ebikes as well. This would be a great pity as I enjoy long distance cycle camping with ebike, and train, local cycle routes as pleasant as they are can get a bit boring after a while, so I will make the most of using train just now until I can't.

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
A ban does seem likely at some point.

One battery fire on a train will do it and under current regimes where consumers can buy or build and use whatever they like, its only a matter of time.

Standardised batteries would allow drop off and pickup of batteries at stations, but that seems an unlikely developement from a Government supposadly interested in alternatives to the motor car.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Standardised batteries would allow drop off and pickup of batteries at stations, but that seems an unlikely developement from a Government supposadly interested in alternatives to the motor car.
Yep, won't happen here.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
but that seems an unlikely developement from a Government supposadly interested in alternatives to the motor car.
I think the alternative to the standard motor car they are most interested in is the SUV.

me: what car does Rishi Sunak drive?

ChatGPT: As an AI language model, I do not have access to real-time information, and my training only goes up until September 2021. Hence, I am not sure what car Rishi Sunak currently drives.
However, according to reports and interviews, in 2020, Rishi Sunak was driving a Land Rover Discovery, which is a luxury SUV. He was also seen driving a BMW before he became Chancellor of the Exchequer. It's possible that he may have changed his car since then, but I don't have any information about it.

Attempt to ask the new Bing equivalent and it says 'Welcome to the new Bing!' with a Chat now button. I press that and it says 'Chat mode is only available when you have access to the new Bing. '

Last edited:
Reactions: guerney

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
Do they have liquid nitrogen in the freezer aisle at supermarkets ?

What do I look for, frozen chips and vegtables etc are easy to find ?

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I think the alternative to the standard motor car they are most interested in is the SUV.

me: what car does Rishi Sunak drive?

ChatGPT: As an AI language model, I do not have access to real-time information, and my training only goes up until September 2021. Hence, I am not sure what car Rishi Sunak currently drives.
However, according to reports and interviews, in 2020, Rishi Sunak was driving a Land Rover Discovery, which is a luxury SUV. He was also seen driving a BMW before he became Chancellor of the Exchequer. It's possible that he may have changed his car since then, but I don't have any information about it.

Attempt to ask the new Bing equivalent and it says 'Welcome to the new Bing!' with a Chat now button. I press that and it says 'Chat mode is only available when you have access to the new Bing. '
I finally got to Bing AI by pressing 'Learn more' instead of 'Chat now'. Useful answer.

According to an article on 21motoring.com1, Rishi Sunak’s car collection includes the following cars:
I hope that helps!

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I finally got to Bing AI by pressing 'Learn more' instead of 'Chat now'. Useful answer.

According to an article on 21motoring.com1, Rishi Sunak’s car collection includes the following cars:
I hope that helps!
Ask about his bicycles or ebikes. I bet you a pint of Guinness he's got a Peloton next to his heated pool:

Reactions: slowcoach and sjpt

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Do they have liquid nitrogen in the freezer aisle at supermarkets ?

What do I look for, frozen chips and vegtables etc are easy to find ?
I posted a link and you'll need at least several costing £52.19 per cylinder (incl. VAT + delivery). Rapidly getting enough liquid nitrogen over the fire from a safe distance will be tricky...

EDIT: As @soundwave pointed out below £52.19 per cylinder (incl. VAT + delivery + liquid nitrogen).

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
that's the monthly rental fee for the tank :p

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford

I hope that helps!
Dos that mean he's a climate change denier, like all those guys that fly to Davos in their private jets every year to discuss why you and me must stop driving our Ford Fiestas and Dacia Sanderos.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Last edited: