Information – london , redbridge ‘test an e-bike day’ – this sunday 7 april (1300-170

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Redbridge Cycling Centre
Forest Road
Hainault
Ilford IG6 3HP
Sunday 7 April, 1300-1700 hrs
Please Google 'Redbridge Cycle Centre' for full details

Getting there
Recommend you Google ‘IG6 3HP’ and print a map, the last bit is difficult to explain but is easy to follow on a map.

Basic details
The Redbridge road circuit has been specifically designed for bike racing and testing, away from the traffic of public roads. The circuit we will be using is 2.0km in length, including several challenging bends and the steepish Hog Hill.

Within the facility are toilets, changing rooms, lockers and showers. A nice café serving hot/cold drinks and snacks, a large car park is provided.

Circuit etiquette
Please ride only in the direction indicated by the marshals (anti-clockwise). All testers to wear cycling helmets at all times on the circuit. Keep left and overtake on the right, call ahead to other riders when overtaking, note - riders ahead have right of way. Be aware that others may come out of junctions around the circuit. Be especially careful when approaching and leaving the gazebo pits area, clearly making an advance decision whether it is your intention to come into the pits (RHS) or continue on the circuit (LHS) at the cones.

Think before you act and if in doubt, don’t do it!

Check the bike thoroughly before setting off and go through brakes and steering checks before riding quickly. Ride within your own ability and stay in control.

If you spot any problems on the circuit, report back to the centre reception.

Please look after the circuit and take any litter home.

E-bike specific requests
Please all e-bikes on the circuit to be UK cycle legal – no derestricting, no dongles, no 500 watt monsters! We must have a level standard so that testers can fairly judge the performance of one e-bike against another.

Try to get to the circuit about 1230-1300 hrs, we have to leave the circuit by 1700 hrs and we want everyone to test any bike of interest.

Please have a good test of any bike, but remember others may be waiting to test the same bike, so do not do unnecessary circuits, remember some bikes may prove more popular to test than others.

If the day is a success, we will repeat it every year – hopefully, it will grow into The National E-bike Day where nearly all suppliers will attend.

Look forward to meeting fellow Pedelecs, enjoy the day.

Dave Elderfield
MD, Kudos Cycles

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Hi Dave,

Wishing you all a successful meeting.

It is a shame we do not have any Pedelec stickers that can be handed out to the visitors.

DCUK6

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2013
Looking forward to it. Will be there unless it tips down.

Just going out to buy a new helmet ( last one got hit by a cannon ball ), getting a new pump and puncture kit too.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Wish you guys have some sun on the day,at least from 2-5pm. Pity we won't be there this year

Andrew
Forecast today for Sunday says a chance of some sunshine at least and warmer at around 9 degrees with much less wind. Far better than the current 3 degrees and biting wind.

10mph

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 13, 2010
England
At last year's event I tested a number of bikes on the 10.5% hill shown below. See here for full details with contours of the lap.

The bikes I tried took between 10 second and 13 seconds to cover the 48m.

Without a GPS, and lacking permanent landmarks it will probably be hard to reproduce the exact start and end points which I used for my test climbs. But I would be interesting to hear if anyone can get comparable performance data.

If this event is to become regular perhaps someone could layout a permanently marked 50m section on the steepest part of the hill which everyone could use.

No cheating now over your timings - you will need a well operated stop watch, or alternatively record you own GPS traces (1 sample per second) and send them to me for analysis.

Attachments

Last edited:

DCUK6

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2013
DCUK6.....I know I am going to regret asking this....but how did your cycling helmet get hit by a cannon ball?
KudosDave
Unfortunately there's not a great story for this, bit annoying considering the price of helmets. Mums partner dropped it carrying it to the garden. She interested in all the history stuff.

Did a good job of protecting the floor mind so if your ever carrying a cannon ball and wish to accidentally drop it a bike helmet protects the floor well.

10mph how did you test the bikes. From stand still and then power only from point a Or doing the track power only all the way round I have gpsspeed on my phone that apparently records your journey around the tracks.

Edit. Just read your post. Bit of a hard one to reproduce exact event. Maybe we could create a standar way of testing. Maybe 11-12t gear motor power only as from what I've read motors should be able to cope, maybe the next gear to really test them, maybe to stallin point. Keeping left all the way.

Last edited:

DCUK6

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2013
Edit. Just read your post. Bit of a hard one to reproduce exact event. Maybe we could create a standar way of testing. Maybe 11-12t gear motor power only as from what I've read motors should be able to cope, maybe the next gear to really test them, maybe to stallin point. Keeping left all the way.
Just re-read my post, I meant low gear not 11-12t.

Meita

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 1, 2013
This sounds interesting. Before I make the trek though, just to double-check, is this a Kudos-only event? Or, which other brands will be there?

D

Deleted member 4366

This sounds interesting. Before I make the trek though, just to double-check, is this a Kudos-only event? Or, which other brands will be there?
They'll be loads of other brands there.

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi Meita,

There will be loads of different bikes from different brands.
This is a great chance to try different styles of eBikes straight after another.

For anyone wondering what models we are bringing, they are as follows..

Haibike eQ xDuro FS AM - http://www.e-bikeshop.co.uk/haibike_xduro_fsam.html
Haibike eQ xDuro FS SL - http://www.e-bikeshop.co.uk/haibike_xduro_fssl.html
Haibike eQ xDuro RC 29 - http://www.e-bikeshop.co.uk/haibike_xduro_rc29.html
Raleigh Leeds Tour - http://www.e-bikeshop.co.uk/raleigh_leeds_tour.html
Raleigh Dover - http://www.e-bikeshop.co.uk/raleigh_dover.html

See you all there, should be a fantastic day!
Thanks to Kudos Dave for all his efforts organising it!

Regards
Maritn

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Looking forward to it. Will probably have a sneaky try on Haibike ;)

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
The KTM test bikes have just arrived-
There will be-
KTM Macina 11,29" in a 19" frame for test riding
KTM eRace P650b in a 17" frame for test riding
We will also have a Macina Bold 26",for viewing only

KudosDave

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
KTM eRace is a good bike has panasonic hub drive system if my memory serves me correctly. We have the tour version of this range in stock, great bike!
Looking forward to riding some great bikes!

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Kudos Dave

Firstly, a big thank you for organising all this, and looking forward to tomorrow.
Can you pls advise whether visitors should bring thir own hemets or does the centre rent them out?

Also, if anyone wants to specially try a Woosh perhaps they can post here what they would like to try as we can't bring everything.

Thanks.

Hatti

DCUK6

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2013
Kudos Dave

Firstly, a big thank you for organising all this, and looking forward to tomorrow.
Can you pls advise whether visitors should bring thir own hemets or does the centre rent them out?

Also, if anyone wants to specially try a Woosh perhaps they can post here what they would like to try as we can't bring everything.

Thanks.

Hatti
Hi. Hoping to be able to test the Sirocco and sirocco cd. Would like to be ale to get a comparison.