InKeep Current in

Ken J

Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2017
Spain
Anyone had a problem setting Keep Current to 80 or 100% every time I set mine it reverts back to 10%
I am very careful when using the software to make sure it has a good chance of being read and saved but unfortunately no go. Also what advantage do we get by going into advanced settings using the + - and on switch

Ken J

Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2017
Spain
Is this for a bafang? are you on penhoff programme , up load each page make the adjustment then send it back
Yes its a bbs01b 18amp controller I bought the cable and a disk and without any problem was able to set everything as i wanted except keep current. I do rides of between 60 and 100 kilometres. The ride yesterday was 65 max speed 47 and average 22.5
kph. However I would prefer the motor to be helping more at a higher speed

jimriley

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
I had no trouble, I uploaded new settings on a per page basis, thought IMMSMR there is a function to change several pages and upload the whole lot at once. If you set the bbs01 to 18ah you are making it a 350w motor, 15ah is 250w.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
If you set the bbs01 to 18ah you are making it a 350w motor, 15ah is 250w.
No, the motor didn't change. It's still the same motor marked as rated at 250w. 100 amps wouldn't change the motor nor its rated power. I think what you meant is that at 18A, it has the same power as the motor marked 350w.

jimriley

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
No, the motor didn't change. It's still the same motor marked as rated at 250w. 100 amps wouldn't change the motor nor its rated power. I think what you meant is that at 18A, it has the same power as the motor marked 350w.
I wasn't changing motors, only settings, 15ah /18ah 250w /350w. The rating label is only relevant if you are caught riding outside the grounds of your mansion by an officer of the law with the wit to check. I said the same as you, Shirley?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I wasn't changing motors, only settings, 15ah /18ah 250w /350w. The rating label is only relevant if you are caught riding outside the grounds of your mansion by an officer of the law with the wit to check. I said the same as you, Shirley?
15 amps is 540w and 18 amps is 648w. where do you get 250w and 350w from?

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Not going to get any more out of a bbs01 with out a change of gearing to a 52t on the front, more speed assist will just eat battery range have you set/changed the speed an current settings on the pas levels ?

jimriley

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
15 amps is 540w and 18 amps is 648w. where do you get 250w and 350w from?
Isn't that how the motor is rated on the label, 250w or 350w, and what I've read on here? That's how I've seen bbs01b discussed in various threads re changing the ah setting. I have also read that peak power is over the rated power, as you say above.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If the bbs is marked 250w then that is what is, irrelevant of current. Extra current may or may not damage the drive unit.
If it is marked 350w then that is what it is sold as and not compliant.
One may have slightly stronger windings whilst the other may not.

The ETM model is still 250w it has upgraded components to allow 25a current.

Ken J

Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2017
Spain
Thanks to those who tried to help. I now have keep current set to 100% and I did nothing different to what I had been doing, It just seemed that when I got the message write successful I was in fact not writing it so it needed a lot of attempts to write it,
Yes I know I have increased the amps to 18 as I live in a hilly area and need torque
I have fitted a Leckie ring to assist with climbing and am very happy with my set up.
I have over quite a long time tried all the set ups listed on this forum and have damaged the unit twice by pushing it too far but now I know where the limit is.
I now have a very good set up and a fine balance between KM'S to battery charge, Torque and top speed.
My last run was Monday and I had to get back against a bit of a head wind for a distance of 32KMS and I had no trouble holding a speed of 30-34 KMS
I peddle as hard as possible, usually ache after but love the fun of passing young guys on carbon roads bikes and seeing their disbelief.
I know a bigger front ring would give me more speed but I could not get up the hills . I used to build and prepare motocross and superbikes so its fun to fiddle and i'm aged 78

jimriley

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
Thanks to those who tried to help. I now have keep current set to 100% and I did nothing different to what I had been doing, It just seemed that when I got the message write successful I was in fact not writing it so it needed a lot of attempts to write it,
Yes I know I have increased the amps to 18 as I live in a hilly area and need torque
I have fitted a Leckie ring to assist with climbing and am very happy with my set up.
I have over quite a long time tried all the set ups listed on this forum and have damaged the unit twice by pushing it too far but now I know where the limit is.
I now have a very good set up and a fine balance between KM'S to battery charge, Torque and top speed.
My last run was Monday and I had to get back against a bit of a head wind for a distance of 32KMS and I had no trouble holding a speed of 30-34 KMS
I peddle as hard as possible, usually ache after but love the fun of passing young guys on carbon roads bikes and seeing their disbelief.
I know a bigger front ring would give me more speed but I could not get up the hills . I used to build and prepare motocross and superbikes so its fun to fiddle and i'm aged 78
I've read on here somewhere that with the lekkie rings you can fit a large and small ring with a long throw front derailleur and change between the two.