Inner tube

PP100

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2020
Late to this tread, used Slime tubes on my pushbike, since had only one puncture in the last 2/3 years, I can remember and was able to reinflate and finish my journey so I'm a fan..
Problem I found with Swalbe marathons (have them on my Brompton) is that that I found they were an absolute bugger to get on, I do not want to be roadside struggling with that.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Problem I found with Swalbe marathons (have them on my Brompton) is that that I found they were an absolute bugger to get on, I do not want to be roadside struggling with that.
A small wheel problem that many complain of with MPs. The added tyre thickness and small diameter don't mix well. I've never had any problem with the larger wheel sizes.

PP100

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2020
A small wheel problem that many complain of with MPs. The added tyre thickness and small diameter don't mix well. I've never had any problem with the larger wheel sizes.
Yeah, just in case I bought one of these (as they were mentioned in another thread) but haven't had a chance or need to use it. Not actually been riding the Brompton for ages. Good to hear it is not such a problem at larger sizes.

Reactions: flecc