Installing the GSM

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
the woosh Bali uses the GSM motor with external Lishui HL1260 controller very successfully. I know woosh are working on a new internal controller for the GSM but I have not seen it yet.
Do you know where I can buy one from trex ?

My gsm is fine but I'd like an external controller (if or more likely when) the internal one fails

Thanks

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
go to the online shop and select GSM CD motor at £175.
You need a controller with 9-pin motor lead (with Hall) to run it.

Woosh will have the Bali kit on sale next month.
The Bali kit has the same GSM motor without internal controller, same battery, same Lishui HL1260 18A controller and same LCD as the Bali.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I am also interested in a source for an internal controller for the HL battery pack. As my standard of living has taken a turn for the better I am already planning my options for next year :rolleyes: And a 17 Ah HL battery is on my wish list.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
do you mean the controller that goes into the cradle of the HL battery? that's the Lishui HL1260. I have one on by Giant D5.
I don't know if woosh will sell it separately but I think you can get a similar from bmsbattery.com

The one on the Bali has 18A rating, no programming socket (the white plug) and cables cut short to keep the wiring tidy.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
go to the online shop and select GSM CD motor at £175.
You need a controller with 9-pin motor lead (with Hall) to run it.

Woosh will have the Bali kit on sale next month.
The Bali kit has the same GSM motor without internal controller, same battery, same Lishui HL1260 18A controller and same LCD as the Bali.

Thanks but you misunderstood me (or I was unclear !)

I have the Kit already , just want the external controller which I don't see listed ?

Thanks

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
sorry I misunderstood you KirstinS.

woosh have replacement internal controllers.

You can't easily connect the external controller to a GSM motor already fitted with the internal controller because the motor wires are deep inside the casing.

Reactions: KirstinS

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I don't know if woosh will sell it separately but I think you can get a similar from bmsbattery.com
No not yet. The one from the 09 battery won't fit (from quick measurements) and there is a capacitor to unsolder and resolder flat.

There was briefly the SO9S 20 Amp controller on the BMSbattery site but can't find it today. I was wondering if it could be removed from its casing and installed in the HT controller box.

Early days yet just thinking ahead I have another bike to finish first.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Yes but... I don't want to buy a battery from BMSbattery... I want a nice comfortable European guarantee. For the moment nothing too much has gone wrong with my kit I don't like playing against the lottery :D There are German and Dutch companies who sell 17 Ah Panasonic or Samsung HL batteries but without internal controller. Yes lots more €€€€ but less delay getting here and no need to open to see if the cells are genuine.

Probably one day the HL controller will be sold in the same way the 09 battery one is now. Or maybe just asking BMS battery for the controller alone would work. Not going to do that right now because you know what that means in terms of e-mail nagging until you buy the damned thing :rolleyes:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
they sell the kit without battery but with everything else for $75 or $85, I can't remember exactly. I bought one of them last year without battery.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
you are handy with the soldering iron, it may be not difficult for you to hook up a 9-pin motor cable to the internal motor connector. The other cable is the PAS sensor, 3 wires to solder.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
you are handy with the soldering iron, it may be not difficult for you to hook up a 9-pin motor cable to the internal motor connector. The other cable is the PAS sensor, 3 wires to solder.
I'm not too bad, perhaps I'll just wait on this one. I'm used tob keeping spares cos of delay of ordering from China.

But my mtb is my fun bike, not a commuter so it doesn't cost me a tenner a day when out of action. Plus woosh are great at spare part supply