• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
I don't always agree with d8veh :) but how any forum post can possibly justify a director of a company to resort to this level "It started by deliberately changing my name into a derogatory one," is beyond me.

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
This sort of thing happens with 50 Cycles occasionally. They just need to switch Scott off, wait 10 seconds and then switch him back on again. This usually solves 90% of the problems.
Well the switching on and off didn't work this time! Maybe the hard drive is corrupted.

HelenJ

Administrator
Staff member
May 19, 2011
Well at least the forum has got something interesting to talk about its been a bit stale for a while and not seen so many views since our last posting...

I am sure Russell who loved his Ezee bike founded this forum to achieve exposure of the market which sadly has been mutated in to something quite negative and damaging to the industry as a whole as people forget why they own an ebike in the first place.

The private discussion below was sent to try and understand Davids comments and rational when I have never personally met him or has he had any dealings with our company and he is certainly not a customers so I was just wondering how he got his perception of our business other than the Chinese whispers on this forum created by people with a Pseudo and an agenda to gain a competitive advantage born out of fear... maybe he should not make such unfounded remarks and revert to the saying of those in glass houses should not throw stones. I too am offended by his remarks but expect no such apology by such a good bloke as described on his profile.

I am sure David is a wonderful person in real life when not hiding behind his pseudo keyboard persona.

The forum members wonder why no industry people really come on here anymore!

Kind regards

Scott Snaith
Director
50cycles.com :)

Scott - There are one or two things I need to correct. Re: “stale” and “not many views since our last posting” I am happy to say our page views and users have been consistently up over 35% (compared to the same periods the previous year) for many months now. That increase continues to hold true for January’s statistics so far in addition.

To say the entire forum “sadly has been mutated in to something quite negative and damaging to the industry as a whole” is not how we, or I’m sure a fair number of others on here, see it. As you know, freedom of expression allows people to share both their good and negative experiences - and rightly so. All experiences can provide valuable feedback to help an industry evolve, in my view.

This forum has thousands of posts where members have shared technical knowledge and experience which in turn helps others needing advice/thoughts/assistance, as well as a fair bit of banter and - a joke or two - which is far from ‘negative’ and ‘damaging’.

With regard duplicate accounts set up by traders to ‘gain a competitive advantage’ when it comes to posts about your business, we can find no evidence to back this claim.

This post is also intended to be positive. While I’m personally still scratching my head in identifying posts of D8veh’s to demonstrate ‘unfounded remarks’ reflecting a level of severity to warrant such a reproach, you have at least ‘had your say’ and put your views across to be heard - which is of course what forums are all about.

nemesis

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2011
When i was looking to get into e-bikes in 2011 the Kalkhoff pro connect panasonic S series was easily the best i could find and because of this i was a customer of 50 cycles for five years and i`ve always found them friendly and helpful.
The impulse motor has been a disaster and i like many others have had problems and motor swaps.The latest version is claimed to be reliable and time will tell.Now that 50 cycles sell other top brands i would have no problem buying from them again.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Just to clear up one point. I have met you several times, Scott.
That's the issue then you've met him but he's never met you.
o_O.

50cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2006
Bali, Indonesia
Just to clear up one point. I have met you several times, Scott.
Dear David, Helen

David I am sorry, but I do not recall ever meeting you and I am sure I would remember a guy with robot legs quite clearly!

However if I have met you in person I am sure I would have been polite and courteous which makes your comments even more low. I am sure you would not be so rude as to talk about me or my business to my face as you have done over the months hiding behind your online persona where the term keyboard warrior comes from. You are smart enough to understand the nature and motivation behind your comments and I would guess that like the other negative comments on here you are in someway involved in the industry and have a vested interest to continue you with this bullying behaviour.

Please do not pretend to be all offended to gain sympathy in this playground both you and I know that my comments were very much founded and even more so if like you say i have met with you previously. If you think it is funny to make cheap shots at me then be prepared to stand up like a man and receive much of the same back. If you cannot take it do not dish it out would be my suggestion. Likewise to all you haters hiding behind your Pseudo with ulterior motives behind your posts. If you would like a fair discussion email me directly and I will be happy to respond to any genuine concerns in real person as a verified customer.

Helen it is not nice when somebody talks about your business online is it? maybe you should think about that when you as the administrator allow cyber bullying to continue on the forum which has sadly become the nature of this platform which has scared most industry leaders away. Each dealer on here has had its fair share of insults and bullying at some point or another. This is certainly the last time I will be responding on here for a very long time and have already pulled our advertising as it felt like funding the bully to continue its daily attacks for our lunch money.

Forums definitely bring out the nasty side of human nature and would recommend any business to never ever get involved with such platforms as a business you can never ever win but I truly feel that somebody has to speak out against this modern form of lynch mob attitude where negativity prevails and common sense and rational thinking go by the wayside.

Kind regards

Scott

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

I am sure you would not be so rude as to talk about me or my business to my face as you have done over the months hiding behind your online persona where the term keyboard warrior comes from. Y
Can you show some examples of where I've been discourteous. I don't believe that I have. It's wrong to make such accusations unless you can back them up. Please show everybody what prompted your message. I think you must be getting me mixed up with someone else. There's also D8ve on this forum, who copied my name. was it him?

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Can you show some examples of where I've been discourteous. I don't believe that I have. It's wrong to make such accusations unless you can back them up. Please show everybody what prompted your message. I think you must be getting me mixed up with someone else. There's also D8ve on this forum, who copied my name. was it him?
There are many occasions when d8veh has been dismissive and rude to those who do not share his view.

Doesn't bother me, but it's a bit rich for him to now play the honest broker.

D

Deleted member 4366

There are many occasions when d8veh has been dismissive and rude to those who do not share his view.

Doesn't bother me, but it's a bit rich for him to now play the honest broker.
Maybe I have with some people. Normally they were rude to me first. Can you show me an example of where I was rude to 50C? Every post I ever made is still here on this forum!

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
t. Can you show me an example of where I was rude to 50C?!
Not that I've seen, so I can imagine you find the incoming scud from Scott perplexing.

It makes even less sense when you consider you operate in different markets.

Kit building - usually on a budget - which is your strength is nothing to do with 50C who only deal with higher end ready built ebikes.

The company has had adverse comment from many of us over the unreliability of the Impulse motor.

As the sole Kalkhoff supplier in the UK at the time, that sort of collateral damage was inevitable.

No doubt 50C has done well over the years from its sole Kalkhoff agency, but what happened does illustrate the risk of having too many eggs in one basket.

It's no coincidence 50C has recently broadened its brand range considerably.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Maybe I have with some people. Normally they were rude to me first. Can you show me an example of where I was rude to 50C? Every post I ever made is still here on this forum!
True. Out of your near 16,000 posts, up until this thread there were only 18 posts in which you mention 50cycles by name. Ten of those reproduced earlier were favourable to 50cycles, often recommending a product of theirs, and in one you ticked off a member who was unfairly criticising 50cycles. A further six posts were neutral, such as recommending a user with a problem to contact 50cycles.

During this last year over several months 50cycles have received severe criticism of both them and the Impulse 2 product in a thread with 18 web pages and 351 posts. You posted just twice in there.

In one of those you recommended someone thinking of an Impulse 2 equipped bike to read that thread first, but not uttering a word of criticism. So legitimate impartial and helpful advice of the sort forums are for.

In the other you linked to a thread for member Redalexx who was looking for data on the Impulse 2 reliability for his growing database. This was again without comment or criticism of any sort, merely being helpful with information.

Meanwhile in that long thread members who were Impulse 2 owners were really severely attacking 50 cycles on the basis of product and service received.

So I'm bewildered as to why Scott has addressed you in this way, since it seems without any justification.

Last edited:

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Personally we find if you treat people well, even if you do not agree with them it works out for the best, who does not enjoy a good debate. Life is too short to get stressed about an individuals opinion, we all have our own ideas and like different things otherwise it would be boring. Although having one e-bike would make the choice a lot easier ;)

50cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2006
Bali, Indonesia
  1. 50 cycles advertising in Bikebiz for shop manager - Manchester

https://www.bikebiz.com/jobs/read/electric-bike-store-manager

#1 shemozzle999, Tuesday at 3:25 PM
    • Informative x 1

2. Andy Bluenoes Finding my (electric) wheels

OOOh, about time there was a decent bike store in the north west

#2 Andy Bluenoes, Wednesday at 8:00 AM

3. d8veh Pedelecer

Andy Bluenoes said:
    OOOh, about time there was a decent bike store in the north west
    D8veh said: Did you of any plans for one then? Translation: Did you have any plans to open one. Suggesting that our stores are not decent. Which is very offensive actually considering the cost, time and effort we put in to each one.
So what exactly did you mean by this comment if it was not meant to be offensive or derogatory? It is one of many snide remarks over the years I suggest you trawl through 15753 message to find more if you suddenly had a case of selective memory or amnesia. This was the final straw turning a positive posting in to a negative one for no gain but to feed your ego or a underhanded comment to try and damage our reputation.

Either way it is a cheap shot and one of many over the years. We are very proud of our stores thank you very much and do not take kindly to such remarks. This was reported to the administration who did not respond so thought it was only correct to message you directly which you took as an opportunity to take a private messages and try and make me and my business look bad by creating such a silly post as this one. You are simply offended that your true colours are showing now. Shame on you and your fellow cronies on this platform.

Kindest regards

Scott

D

Deleted member 4366

Is that it? I didn't even mention 50C. You must have a very guilty conscience! I would have said the same to Wisper, Kudos, Juicy, Woosh or anybody else. I rest my case!

I can go back to being a keyboard warrior again now. Luckily, my business runs itself, so I have plenty of time to keep you away from yours, while you write rubbish here.

Like a lot of your comments, things still don't add up:

The only reason I came to be on this forum is that I had an alert on my phone that Dv8 or David was making snide remarks about my business
Did that comment that you mentioned above bring an alert to your phone? Come off it! Who are you trying to kid?

It is one of many snide remarks over the years I suggest you trawl through 15753 message to find more
Many of us trawled back, but we didn't find any. You're the accuser. It's up to you to show us where they are!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.