Interchangeablility

appalachian ape

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 12, 2022
Fairmont WV
So not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but here goes.

I have an Eahora ebike with rear hub motor. the ebike system is problematic to say the least. and replacement motor and display are 100 to 180- dollars.
was thinking of switching out controller and display.

question: assuming the controller has the right wire hook ups corresponding with the motor- are motors and controllers interchangeable, or do I have to use Eahora's controller and display?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If the battery is a simple generic two wire only connection then yes one can use any third party controller and display, but befor proceeding show us a pic of the motor cable connection. If the latter is a generic 9 pin Julet waterproof type connector then KT Keunteng are highly rated and one can choose form many controllers and displays from Topbikekit or AliExpress etc,etc.

Reactions: appalachian ape

appalachian ape

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 12, 2022
Fairmont WV
If the battery is a simple generic two wire only connection then yes one can use any third party controller and display, but befor proceeding show us a pic of the motor cable connection. If the latter is a generic 9 pin Julet waterproof type connector then KT Keunteng are highly rated and one can choose form many controllers and displays from Topbikekit or AliExpress etc,etc.

next time I pull things apart I will take a photo