Interesting navigation aid

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Looks very practical for riders in busy surroundings, but I reckon they're "pushing the envelope" a tad by claiming a phone's gps is more accurate than a stand-alone unit.

What's the betting someone will have an app out, toot-sweet, that "pays homage" to the easy-read directions this gives?

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
I like new tech like this, but unfortunately I can't justify it for the rides I do. I'm sorely tempted to take to the roads and bum around with a Hammerhead until my money, time, patience or temper run out, just for the crack.

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013
It looks good BUT running stava/gps can already be a drain on my battery adding bluetooth to the mix will surely be bad for the battery. Still a nice sign of what is to come.

grldtnr

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
south east Essex
the link is not working for me.

But is the gist of the thing, a device which prompts you via lights on the unit, connected by a mobile on a pre programmed e-route?

Na , would not want one , I check out my routing on a map, jot down 'prompts' on a card then peg it to one of the bike cables

Simples!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The link is working fine, but if still not opening for you, this photo will give you the gist:

Hero Eco

Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2012
Gloucestershire
I ordered one, will let you whats its like when i get it in the spring!

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Not realy convinced by sat nav for anything other than roads as its just not accurate enough. Would love to see it try and take me through a route on cannock chase in the summer with all the trees in full leaf.

sent by pigeon post