Introducing the new Woosh Rambla

redcup1999

Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2016
Bristol
Looks great. My 81 year old father is looking for a Step Thru frame ebike with Centre Drive to replace his current Giant Hub drive. This looks like it would be a great option for him.

Do you have an idea of the likely weight of the bike - I assume it will be less "top heavy" than a bike with a pannier mounted battery? Both are important considerations for the "more mature" who have less strength and balance.

I commute 26 miles each way on a Max Drive bike through the summer so know that the drive train is more than capable of good things!

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
I would like to see a longer front mudguard with mud flap.
Also, I know that the front of the pannier rack is supported by the mudguard, but it still bothers me

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Looks good to me ... if anything happens to our Motus it would be high on my list.

Reinforcing comments made by others: I would like a hub gear option, and the rack more conventionally supported at the front.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Great looking bike and well priced.
Will there be a crossbar version?
Will a chain be available on the final spec?:)
Dave.

• :D
Reactions: ebiker99

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
It's a good idea to ask for views before you go ahead. I must admit, that rack looks like style over substance. The front mudguard has already been highlighted. Any chance of lugs welded on for a front rack, like Wisper, Rad Power, Tern etc? It's too late when it's in production. Hub gears, centre stand, steering stabiliser, suspension seat post. Well, you did ask for suggestions! Handlebars look good. The bike looks good. Best of luck. (PS: I would prefer a front hub motor, like Emu).

thirteen

Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
West Sussex
Pretty much spot on, I reckon.

For my money I'd stick with a deraileur and robust, name brand budget compnentry, ie 8 speed maximum and a simple thumbshifter or basic gripshift.

Reactions: Eagleowl

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Features:
Dutch style unisex frame, Dutch style upright riding position, Bafang mid drive motor, 36V 14AH battery, 8-speed, Tektro hydraulic brakes.

Colour: white or matt black

Price: about £1,250

Availability:
small quantity in November, normal production after the new year.

Please let me know what you think.

Tony

Looking good! well done Tony!

Eagleowl

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2019
Features:
Dutch style unisex frame, Dutch style upright riding position, Bafang mid drive motor, 36V 14AH battery, 8-speed, Tektro hydraulic brakes.

Availability:

Tony

I really like the look of this bike with it's centrally positioned motor and battery. Much more than the Santana 3 that I've been considering for ages... how much will it weigh and will it have a throttle? And can you produce it in a colour like dark khaki green so dirt doesn't show up as much?! However it looks very smart and hopefully very simple to use which I would need! I've been looking at the new Radrunner and was comparing it to Woosh earlier...but very heavy. Yes, please!

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
The overall design and data quoted looks very good and if it`s better than the Family Santana which is nearly 7 years old, then it will be very good indeed . This Santana is on it`s original battery and will still keep up with my year old rear drive Fat Tyre and mid drive Dapu Pro Rider . The front disc brake set-up has been the only weakness over this time .
Now some recommendations for the new machine with my experience gained with my 9 year old Batribike Folder and the others mentioned above .

1. Suspension Seatpost desirable .
2. More comfortable seat , that one looks like a renegade from the Tour de France . I would immediately replace it with the £7.99 Lidl Crivit Air Cushioned bike
seat or saddle as it says on the box . This is adjustable by pumping an air
bladder with up to 11 pumps for maximum hardness .
Excellent comfort for this 80 year old .

3 . That carrier looks very arty but needs the front of it to be braced to lugs on
the frame .
4 . Rubber mudflap on rear mudguard .
5 . Front mudguard needs extending so that in conjunction with a rubber mudflap
the crud goes under the motor

I think Woosh ought to design a logo for their bikes . This could result in more
interest and sales .The Family Santana is all gloss black with no logo and
people ask about it . All well and good if WOOSH want to supply it to the SAS
for covert ops but the average person is curious .

Reactions: Eagleowl and Woosh

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Pretty much spot on, I reckon.

For my money I'd stick with a deraileur and robust, name brand budget compnentry, ie 8 speed maximum and a simple thumbshifter or basic gripshift.
I get where you are coming from but those of us who need wide range cassettes will have to change for 9 speed anyway.

Lets take as an example the popular Sunrace 11-40 cassette. I have the 8 speed version and it is missing a 28 tooth which is one of the gears I would use the most with a motor as the low gear. The 34 tooth being the bottom gear for really gnarly stuff and the 40 tooth "get me home without a battery" one. Or for those days you want to climb walls and show off... :)

I use the 11-40 on my non powered wheel and it barely gets me up the hill opposite my apartment in 26:40 ratio. For that particular use I stumbled upon Chinese 11-42, 11-46 and 11-50 cassettes which of course are all 9 speed. Of course shifting to the lower end will be an adventure but I don't need to do that very often, just when leaving home. A range like that also lets one drop the triple on the front and move to a double which is also a blessing. And for those with a Bafang Max living in gentler lands, a single 46 or 48 tooth chainwheel would give it high top end and very low bottom gear.

I will also be upgrading the rear derailleur, Alivio isn't working for me, the entry level Acera 7 speed I have on my other bike is better/easier to index so I think an Acera RD 300 long cage is in my future.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Not my cup of tea but at that spec, price , step through upright with clean looks and a solid rep with customers

I can only see that you are on a winner

On an aside I like the rack design most ! But worry about real world use

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
  • :D
Reactions: KirstinS

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
Features:

Availability:

Tony

Like the shaft drive with hub gear. And that arm is part of the stand, right? Or maybe it lifts one's shopping panniers off their roller wheels onto the rack (now there's a thought ;-). Really like clean step thrus with hidden cables, thumbs up.
Cheers. Mikel

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Really like clean step thrus with hidden cables, thumbs up.
Cheers Mike.
There is only one cable and it's going to the LCD.
May be in the future that cable will also be replaced by wireless communication.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Are the Bafang motors any good I just seem to trust Bosch shimano
A good number of members here bought a low-cost mid-drive ebike (albeit imported and sold by a different retailer) equipped with a MaxDrive motor back in January 2017. Not one of those members has been back here to report ANY problems or failures. My own Bafang Max Drive has done about 1500 miles without any issues... it's been brilliant. I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

What Woosh are doing here - for the money - I think is excellent value. Never mind the robust, High-Torque 80nm MaxDrive, the Hydraulic brakes, or Suntour NEX forks... the smooth-welded frame looks outstanding to me for this money. If this style of ebike suits your purpose, I think it puts many competitors offerings to shame.

Just a personal opinion.