Introducing the new Woosh Rambla

Eagleowl

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2019
I love it, especially in stealth black. Very sleek and understated.
Would the current size suit a woman with a short torso and height of 5’5”? Approximately how many miles does the battery cover before needing to be recharged? It looks as if the tyres like those of a normal hybrid bike; if so could you possibly supply a chunkier version like other Woosh bikes for our local hilly, potholed country roads? And is it suitable for riders with ME/CFS as it has the torque sensor or can it be fitted with a PAS cadence sensor instead for wobbly, slow riders? I‘ve almost given up on being able to get a suitable but good quality e -bike but this is awfully tempting!

kangooroo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2015
Wye Valley
I (still) like it and it would definitely be on my shortlist for a replacement for my Oxygen E-mate. Preferred colour would be white but not deal-breaker, along with a twist-gearshift (due to thumb fracture). The hydraulic brakes are very attractive for use here on the Wales borders.

What is the frame size and, as per above, can it accommodate a 34" inside leg in preference to undergoing surgery?

Reactions: Eagleowl

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Would the current size suit a woman with a short torso and height of 5’5”
yes.
Approximately how many miles does the battery cover before needing to be recharged?
The battery is 36V * 14AH = 500WH
Typically 50 miles.
As it's a torque sensor bike, you have to put in 25% of the energy required, the range is about 15-20% higher compared to a cadence sensored bike.

And is it suitable for riders with ME/CFS as it has the torque sensor or can it be fitted with a PAS cadence sensor instead for wobbly, slow riders?
Not yet.

Eagleowl

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2019
yes.

The battery is 36V * 14AH = 500WH
Typically 50 miles.
As it's a torque sensor bike, you have to put in 25% of the energy required, the range is about 15-20% higher compared to a cadence sensored bike.

Not yet.
Thank you for your fast replies Woosh! If/when you make them with cadence sensors / throttle please let me know ASAP. Not sure if I would have the energy for a torque sensor but I really love the design and central motor.

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
I notice the rear rack is more substantial than the one in the original picture. I use mine every day, if I need to move the bike around, and I don't think that original one is designed for that. Lovely looking bike Mr Woosh.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The motor is Bafang so it they who have chosen to diversify with TS option to compete with the other mid drive competition, they already cover the cadence drives with the BBS range.

Last edited:

Eagleowl

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2019
The motor is Bafang so it they who have chosen to diversify with TS option to compete with the other mid drive competition, they al ready cover the cadence drives with the BBS range.
I understand better now. I was wondering whether the cadence/ torque options were built into the motor, or not. Thank you!

Nosweat

Pedelecer
Sep 2, 2019
What a lovely looking machine especially in black, well done on such a design. Pleased at how many people are asking if there's a hub gear version - so much more robust and IMHO nice to ride on. Can one be fitted to the existing frame or would it require redesigning the dropouts? Back in the days hub gears would only be fitted to certain frames due to the need to move the wheel backwards or forward to suit chain tension - can that be overcome using a jockey wheel? I see that the latest Raleigh Motus hub gear variants have such an arrangement to maintain chain tension, in which case does that allow hub gears and cassettes to be interchangable? And do the Bafangs allow the option of coaster brake hub gears?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Most bikes with a std 9mm drop out can be converted to a hub gear bike, chain tension can be taken up with a Nexus/Alfine tensioner.
I did this to my mtb.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: MikelBikel

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
batteries arrived this morning.

Last edited:

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
Are you sure you haven`t got your Image Gallery wrong . Those pics show the Rambla not the Rambletta which of course is your Folder with 20 in. wheels , not the 28 in. wheels in the picture .

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
batteries for both arrived in the same container, we can now deliver both, Rambla and Rambletta.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Do you get a free anti-coronavirus antiseptic wipe with every bike?

Only kidding, I believe the virus can only live for a couple of days on a surface.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Do you get a free anti-coronavirus antiseptic wipe with every bike?

Only kidding, I believe the virus can only live for a couple of days on a surface.
the container arriving this morning was loaded before Christmas in Ningbo, 1000km West of Wuhan, so no real risk.
I can always spray Dettol on the batteries :)

Reactions: MikelBikel

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
the container arriving this morning was loaded before Christmas in Ningbo, 1000km West of Wuhan, so no real risk.
I can always spray Dettol on the batteries :)
Keep it away from cats! (Dettol is highly toxic to them.)