Introducing the new Woosh Rambla

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Features:
Dutch style unisex frame, Dutch style upright riding position, Bafang mid drive motor, 36V 14AH battery, 8-speed, Tektro hydraulic brakes.

Colour: white or matt black

Price: about £1,250

Availability:
small quantity in November, normal production after the new year.

Please let me know what you think.

Tony

I think it looks very nice indeed. White appears to show it off well. (I did look at the black - not my taste at all.)

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
matt black paint hides dirt better :)

• :D
Reactions: oyster

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
In Rambletta pics, I think I see disc mount tabs on the forks and seat stays, are disc brakes an option? :cool:
No.
The fork on the Rambletta has postmount for disc brakes but the front hub has not got rotor mount.
The rear motor has rotor mount but no postmount.
Many customers have already suggested disc brakes for the next revision.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
that's a perk of buying direct :)

Reactions: oyster

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
A closer comparison would be a Bafang mid drive step through.

This one is 1,600 euro compared to £1,300 for the woosh bike.

Still a bit dearer, but it's a bit lighter and has slightly nicer finishing kit.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
A closer comparison would be a Bafang mid drive step through.

This one is 1,600 euro compared to £1,300 for the woosh bike.

Still a bit dearer, but it's a bit lighter and has slightly nicer finishing kit.
I am surprised that you like that style. Straight chunky profile, plastered with colourful go faster stripe stickers all over. It's loud and so last decade. I've been there myself, if you don't mind me saying so.
How about you recommending buying local for service? The ecolo is based in the czech republic, after the end of the year, it will be messy to send something back.

The Woosh Rambla has much more modern curved shaped frame and smooth welding.
Also, the Woosh Rambla has 100NM motor - not 80NM motor.

Reactions: artspeck

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I'm not recommending or liking anything, merely pointing out a more valid comparison using same retailer.

Steed

Pedelecer
Nov 5, 2016
Lincolnshire
Re the previous post- can anyone provide a real life review of the Rambla? I am considering purchasing if and when they become available again. The size is most unclear with the Woosh website stating it is for taller riders but contradicts this by saying ok at 5 foot 2 inches! General dimensions would be desirable to make an informed decision. Must be someone out there who has bought one and can say how it's going?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the Woosh website stating it is for taller riders but contradicts this by saying ok at 5 foot 2 inches!
sorry! and thank you for pointing out the mistake.
webpage is now amended.
The Rambla is good for 5ft8 to 6ft 2.

Steed

Pedelecer
Nov 5, 2016
Lincolnshire
Thanks for clarifying that. What about general dimensions and availability? One other question - I understand the motor is very powerful but how noisy or quiet is it? Just trying to get to grips with the possible reality of ownership with online shopping !

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
it's a medium to large hybrid Dutch style bike, 20" frame, 700C wheels, upright riding position, quill stem (adjustable up/down and angle), swept back Dutch style handlebars.
It's quiet, comfortable and refined. You don't hear the motor much when it's on, it just purrs. It's a lovely bike.
The Rambla is due to arrive 15-July.

Steed

Pedelecer
Nov 5, 2016
Lincolnshire
Thanks for that. Sounds like it might well fit the bill. Which part of the frame is 20 inches? I am not keen on long reach to the bars so top tube length is of most interest assuming my 30 inch leg length can be accommodated. Is the seat post standard? I dislike the pogo stick suspension posts. Thanks in anticipation.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
frame size: centre of bottom bracket to top of seat tube: 20".
seat post diameter: 27.2mm
Seat post is AXA suspension post, easily changed for something else.
Saddle: Selle Royale wide comfort saddle.

Phil Dryden

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Leicester
Features:
Dutch style unisex frame, Dutch style upright riding position, Bafang mid drive motor, 36V 14AH battery, 8-speed, Tektro hydraulic brakes.

Colour: white or matt black

Price: about £1,250

Availability:
small quantity in November, normal production after the new year.

Please let me know what you think.

Tony

Can I ask Woosh about the handlebars on the Rambla? The above photo, which is a very early one, I believe, shows the bars VERY swept back with the grips almost parallel with the frame. The larger and presumably more recent photo on your website gallery, shows a greatly reduced backsweep. Which one is correct? I have registered my interest in your July delivery, and am hoping the website photo is more accurate.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
it looks like this, only swept back about 30 degrees.

Last edited:

Phil Dryden

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Leicester
it looks like this, only swept back about 30 degrees:
Hi Woosh, and thanks for your quick response. I assume you mean that whilst the bars are similar to those shown on the white coloured bike, the backsweep has been reduced and therefore the photo on the website is correct?

Steed

Pedelecer
Nov 5, 2016
Lincolnshire
Hi Woosh, and thanks for your quick response. I assume you mean that whilst the bars are similar to those shown on the white coloured bike, the backsweep has been reduced and therefore the photo on the website is correct?
To me if the bars are not swept back then it will not be a comfortable upright riding position as per the "Dutch bike style" description. Perhaps a choice of bars might be desirable?

Reactions: mike killay