Introducing the Woosh Faro

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Really like it, except to say that the brake hose routing for the rear brake doesn't look great, and the cable to the motor sadly looks even worse. Both need to be tidied up, as they currently look self build.

View attachment 32199
it's the tenth time time I have been told about that kickstand and the motor cable today!
The kickstand was a late add-on and it looks terrible.
This is how the motor cable looked before that kickstand got installed:

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobajob and EddiePJ

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
this is how the battery cover looks:

Reactions: EddiePJ

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I think it looks great and I love the dual battery aspect in particular

Like others I'd swap out the bars and seatpost/ saddle but this is always a personal thing in my view so you can't suit everyone

D

Deleted member 25121

this is how the battery cover looks:

Interesting, how are the batteries loaded, one after the other like loading an old fashioned torch?
If so, how does the BMS connect up to individual batteries?

• :D
Reactions: MikelBikel

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Interesting, how are the batteries loaded, one after the other like loading an old fashioned torch?
If so, how does the BMS connect up to individual batteries?
yes, like a torch. There is an M6 security bolt that you can change to a secure version if you wish.
Replacement battery (36V 8AH) costs £199.

Reactions: Audio2
D

Deleted member 25121

I'm not looking for another ebike right now but I'd certainly consider this in the future, the benefits to me would be, in order of importance:
  1. Weight (a big plus)
  2. Sufficient battery power for my needs (if I was planning on regular journeys of <20 miles)
  3. Doesn't look like an ebike at first sight, less risk of theft
  4. Ability to easily add a battery to extend range
  5. Woosh has a great reputation for support, very knowledgeable
  6. Assembled in the UK
  7. Looks good
  8. Price

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Weight (a big plus)
In general, I have to keep our models to our main niche, which is bikes for the 'traditionally built' with large motors and batteries.
The Faro is definitely not in that segment. However, the Aikema 85SX motor on the Faro has a double stage reduction gearbox to compensate for its smaller size when climbing hills and I still manage to use effectively 36V 15A instead of 17A in the main of our models.
I ride its previous incarnation, the Karoo2, for nearly a year now and love its stealthy look and lightweight. Since, I made some changes to make the Faro even better and hope there is a good market for it.

J3anGuy

Just Joined
Oct 16, 2019
Hello, I'm sorry I don't understand how the internal battery is removed/replaced. Can someone explain? Is it suitable for someone who must take the battery out for charging on a daily basis or a non starter?

I'm interested in this for commuting but the bike will be parked away from power source both at home and at work. Was looking at the Carrera Subway electric but this looks better.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hello, I'm sorry I don't understand how the internal battery is removed/replaced.
You remove the fork.
You unscrew the 4 screws, remove the battery cover and the security bolt at the base of the downtube, then pull the battery out by the loop at the front of the battery, through the hole in the headtube.
The cover is painted matt black on the production bike.

In frame battery:

Best regards

Tony

PS: if you prefer to have an easy to remove battery, you can order the bike with an external HL battery instead.

Reactions: J3anGuy

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
"Remove battery thru the headtube" really or are you having us on? ;) Would've thought it was more practical to have the downtube join in front of the BB, instead of butting, and slide battery out the bottom. Or put it in an oversized seattube and/or seatpost tube. V.neat though ("don't mention the *motor cable*, i said it once but think i got away with it").
"Wait for our new folder", you tease!:D
Cheers. Mikel

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
yes, I agree it would be easier to remove from the downtube side but aesthetically, it looks better if we retain the classic look of a normal frame.
"Wait for our new folder", you tease!:D
I should have pictures of the production folding bike soon. The new folder is based on this one:
I only tweaked it a bit. You can have monoshock or rigid fork. Battery is 36V 12AH.

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
..I should have pictures of the production folding bike soon. The new folder is based on this one:
I only tweaked it a bit. You can have monoshock or rigid fork. Battery is 36V 12AH.

Nice! I do have a weakness for step-thru folders. Got the pluses of disc brakes, in-frame battery, wiring thru frame, front sus, etc.
That hinge latch looks familiar and the handlepost too, folding on the outside. Is it too cramped to fold it between the frame halves then?
If I'm not being too cheeky, how about 48v battery, wider tyres on anodised rims & auto 2speed motor, display switched lights, mudflaps, 2leg stand, sus seatpost and low slung rack like Faro?
Climbs hills AND comfy on highway!
Cheers. Mikel

Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
We've got the Faro in yesterday.

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
wait until I introduce my new folding bike next month!
Mr Woosh, I like your style and your bikes are growing on me at 82, a 20” folder would be nice similiar in design to my Batribike Quartz - but that may be asking too much, keep up your excellent work.

Jim

Last edited:
Reactions: Woosh

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
Jim if you yearn so badly for a Batribike Quartz look a like , one exists . The NCM Paris is from Leisger of Hanover , this wording appears on my 9 year old Quartz SE , German designed but Chinese manufactured . They now have Premises in Wigan and sell on Ebay . I`m sure the Woosh will be equal to it though .

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Leisger of Hanover , this wording appears on my 9 year old Quartz SE , German designed but Chinese manufactured . They now have Premises in Wigan and sell on Ebay . I`m sure the Woosh will be equal to it though .
Sorry if it disappoints, but they're designed in China by a Chinese guy called Ding. I've met him a couple of times.

Reactions: danielrlee

Nosweat

Pedelecer
Sep 2, 2019
Handsome loking bike. Do all the Woosh hub motor bikes have cadence detection pedal assist, or do any have torque detection?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Reactions: AlanRHB

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Handsome loking bike. Do all the Woosh hub motor bikes have cadence detection pedal assist, or do any have torque detection?
cadence sensor. The Faro's motor is as quiet as a mouse, LCD has 5 assist levels. £799. 17kgs.