Introducing the Woosh Faro

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Click on 'full details' for the Faro takes you to the Camino.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
oops! thank you very much sjpt, it's been a long day - link is now amended.

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
Jim if you yearn so badly for a Batribike Quartz look a like , one exists . The NCM Paris is from Leisger of Hanover , this wording appears on my 9 year old Quartz SE , German designed but Chinese manufactured . They now have Premises in Wigan and sell on Ebay . I`m sure the Woosh will be equal to it though .
Why would I yearn for a Quartz? - I already have one!

Jim

AlanRHB

Pedelecer
Aug 21, 2019
I like the Faro very much, particularly the understated simplicity look of the bike .. perhaps in the future... :)... in the meantime I look forward to a full review.
I bought a very similar stand from Am***n a few weeks ago... First time I tried it the outer part of the alloy stand broke out, as the one adjuster bolt is too near the end of that component... I solved the issue by bolting through in two alternative places with bolts and nuts after setting it to the desired length. Not a bad stand now for a cheap one

Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Woosh Faro with 17AH external battery, still very lightweight, 18kgs fully loaded.

Reactions: thirteen

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
cadence sensor. The Faro's motor is as quiet as a mouse, LCD has 5 assist levels. £799. 17kgs.
edit:
The correct price is £899 with in frame 36V 8AH battery, not £799.
Many thanks to Paul A. for pointing that out.

Kizza

Pedelecer
Oct 28, 2017
London
Presumably you can ride the bike with both batteries attached?

What would the total price be for the bike with both batteries?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Presumably you can ride the bike with both batteries attached?

What would the total price be for the bike with both batteries?
If you want both batteries at the same time, I can build it but I need a Y battery connector from King Meter. Without this piece, I have to use not as good antispark XT90 connector.
The cost is about £1,275 with both batteries.

Reactions: Kizza

Kizza

Pedelecer
Oct 28, 2017
London
If you want both batteries at the same time, I can build it but I need a Y battery connector from King Meter. Without this piece, I have to use not as good antispark XT90 connector.
Great, thanks!

Reading newbie

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 17, 2020
Is it still possible to get this, and is it in stock please?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The Faro is still in stock but there is a queue for building slots and during the lockdown, most of us work from home. Next free building slot is 05 June.
In the next revision, I'll install a spur on the battery line for external battery.
I will also fit wider tyres.

Reading newbie

May 17, 2020
The Faro is still in stock but there is a queue for building slots and during the lockdown, most of us work from home. Next free building slot is 05 June.
In the next revision, I'll install a spur on the battery line for external battery.
I will also fit wider tyres.
Oh that’d perfect and 5th June is no time at all! In that case I think I’d like to get one, is there a part code or a link for that you could send me. Feel free to DM me when available to purchase

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Reading newbie

May 17, 2020
I
You could probably get down to at least 17kg to make a light-weight version. Remove the rack, put on a conventional seat-pin and light-weight saddle, and change the crank, BB and pedals to light-weight ones. The owner can then choose to dump the stand and lights for another 1/2kg or so. I could do all those mods for about £100 retail, so you should be able to do it for a lot less because you get the credit on the parts you're replacing and you pay wholesale prices. Add £100 to the price for even more profit.
I ordered my Faro this week and I’m waiting like a kid in a sweet shop for the last fruit salad for it to be delivered. So whilst I’m waiting I’m keenly thinking about what upgrades I can make to my new toy (sorry I mean commuter cycle).

I shall mainly be using this for work but with occasional trips to the shops and in the medium term a potential free ride to my new 7 month old (although not just yet). I am keen to know what everyone else’s first plans would be for upgrading a bike like this?

what would you do first and to what degree? A new seat post / suspension or not/ any suggestions on specifics?

new bars, or just ends - I haven’t got the first idea where to start here but want to personalise it and treat myself.

the crank etc sounds like a bigger job than I’m ready for or am I unnecessarily nervous?

finally what do you all use for security .please?

thanks all and hope to continue to chat with you all!!!!

Reading newbie

May 17, 2020
Oh one final thing does anyone know some of the finer details on dimensions. I.e. what post size it is and anything else that might be pertinent?
Thanks again

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
seat post size standard 27.2mm, 350mm long.
suspension/non suspension: the Faro is normally fitted with 350mm x 27.2mm non suspension post but we can fit what saddle and post you want if we have it in stock usually at no extra charge.

Reading newbie

May 17, 2020
seat post size standard 27.2mm, 350mm long.
suspension/non suspension: the Faro is normally fitted with 350mm x 27.2mm non suspension post but we can fit what saddle and post you want if we have it in stock usually at no extra charge.
ah ok it looked like suspension in the pictures but as you say if I’m changing it then it doesn’t really matter ..... is there something a little more high end that you would carry in stock or better for to order something to be delivered to the store?

I think I read further up the thread that the saddle was pretty decent so planning on sticking with that

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
if we know your height and weight, then we it something more appropriate.
The standard post is just it, simple, effective and reasonably lightweight.
If you are 5ft11 and above, we fit 350mm suspension post. If you are 6ft2 and above, we fit 400mm suspension post.
Re saddle: we have 3 saddle widths: mens, mens comfort and ladies.
The Faro is fitted with mens comfort.

Reading newbie

May 17, 2020
if we know your height and weight, then we it something more appropriate.
The standard post is just it, simple, effective and reasonably lightweight.
If you are 5ft11 and above, we fit 350mm suspension post. If you are 6ft2 and above, we fit 400mm suspension post.
Re saddle: we have 3 saddle widths: mens, mens comfort and ladies.
The Faro is fitted with mens comfort.
Im 5’11 and circa 11/12 stone, let me know how best to let you know my order details