Is a Bafang swx02 rear hub motor with ktT06 controller and kt display compatible ?

Sculpturetim

Just Joined
Nov 17, 2020
Hi there,

I have purchased a second Hand bafang swx02 250 watt rear hub motor that I would like to experiment with on a hub motor as non hub motor project. I’ve tried connecting it to my kt T06 controller with lcd 05 and a throttle connected and the plug seems to fit most of the way and looks really similar but I’m not sure if it is suitable? It is a Juliet female connector that goes to the controller . i had some motors action off the bike but fails to respond now I’ve got it wired on the frame. I’m wondering whether the wiring should work or will I need to change the connectors/ wiring.

The motor is also a little suspect as I can see it has been opened before and inside the copper wires look like they have been over heated. I was assured it worked but can’t be sure of trustworthines. If it will work at all I might be able to play around and replace motor once I’ve had some practice playing with configurations.

I have read on here conflicting information on whether this is motor and controller is compatible so some confirmation that it’s possible or not would be helpful .

many Thanks
Tim

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
T06S & lcd5 are compatible and should offer up no issues, the Julet motor connection uses a std pin/wire colour layout so no issue with compatibilty. T06S is sensored square wave controller so again should be compatible.
How are you activating the motor PAS or throttle ?

If one searches on the forum one should fine many sources on how to test motor hall sensors to see they aren't faulty. The fact the motor windings show heating will likely mean they could be somewhat demagnitised s current/power delivery issues may occur.

Reactions: Bikes4two

tim25

Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2020
Thanks for your reply, imglad to hear its possible. i am powering it through a throttle shown in photos bought with the controller, but i am geting no reaction on the display when i twist it, i have followed p and c settings from u tube to get throttle to activate the motor at all times.

tim25

Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2020
oops i realise i must have added and posted on a new account by mistake as this is my normal account on my old pc, and a new one on my ipad as sculpturetim, manythanksf oryour reply to sculpture tim

tim25

Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2020
i will look into the hall sensor tests later as i have done that before with a previous project
(on/ off 5v as i turn the wheel) or somthing, will re check previous instructions

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
One can simply plug a PAS sensor in to the Brw/Blk/Yel connector and wave a magnet disc past the sensor to see if the motor works. A throttle will apply max cuurent so if motor is damaged may not accept the full current load.

tim25

Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2020
Nealh, Thanks i will try that with a pedal sensor when im back, i will also look to see if i can find the pictures of the inside suspect wiring. to me they looked dark and heated, possibly burned! rather than shiny and new like my Suntour motor.

sanaagle your right, i didnt want to force it as i was a bit unsure? it went in a long way but not quite to the end, it was so tight!! I had read that they could look very similar but not be the same maybe there could be 2mm more to push, I wonder is there a best practice way to clean / lubricate the pins ? i was thinking disconect and apply wd40 and a gentle toothbrush for example?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The pins are copper so should be relatively clean and need no cleaning, the tightness will be the plastic/rubbery connector bodies. Apply a very sparce tiny amount of spread from the fridge to the male Black part, it should ease pushing the two together.

Last edited:

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
If you have the funds I would invest in a sine wave, feels way better. As for wd40 on 9 pin julet, bruit force is best, I would end up spraying way too much and not be able to get purchase on the cable to disconnect it:(

Sculpturetim

Just Joined
Nov 17, 2020
If you have the funds I would invest in a sine wave, feels way better. As for wd40 on 9 pin julet, bruit force is best, I would end up spraying way too much and not be able to get purchase on the cable to disconnect it:(
As far as I know the kt t06s controller is a sine wave, im not actually sure of the exact difference but I was advised previously on here to get a sine wave and had intended to do so. on my main ebike build I use the T09s which is similar but a can handle a bit higher amps.

Reactions: PC2017

Sculpturetim

Just Joined
Nov 17, 2020
As far as I know the kt t06s controller is a sine wave, im not actually sure of the exact difference but I was advised previously on here to get a sine wave and had intended to do so. on my main ebike build I use the T09s which is similar but a can handle a bit higher amps.