Is it just me.........

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Is it just me or are other readers becoming sick and tired of the seemingly constant barrage of publicity by owners and sellers of Tonaro bikes?

Today, yet again, we have Steveindenmark reminding us how good HE thinks the bikes are. Previously, we have had that Lynda woman, Mike Killay and, before that, that Brian fellow, (whatever happened to him?) and a handful of others all extolling the virtues of these value-for-money ebikes.

I'm bound to say I find it extremely odd, (I'm big on conspiracy theories) that this small band of owners has continually given publicity to these bikes. Is there something going on here? Do buyers get some kind of discount or cashback possibly for agreeing to advertise these machines on Pedelecs at every opportunity? I certainly can't remember any other make of ebike being hyped by OWNERS in these pages to the degree of this brand.

Even IF these ugly machines, (yes, I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder)......they're still ugly!....were as good as this small band of aficionados like to tell us at every opportunity, I'd still think their constant advertising in these pages is OTT. There are quite a few retailers who contribute to this forum and by and large, both they and their satisfied customers seem able to talk about their products without this constant, in-your-face hype. I don't mind the odd bit of news being broadcast if it's a new model hitting the scene or something equally newsworthy but this constant harping on about a range of heavy, old-tech-revamped, low-budget machines is more than a little wearing.

Can we have a bit less of it please?

Indalo

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
You don't have to click the thread if you don't want to read about it ;-)

Most those owners take the time to express their triumphs on these bikes.
I quite like reading about their adventures.

Sometimes Lynda's punctuality on the forum hurts my eyes. However I am no better.

Last edited:

Willin'

Pedelecer
Apr 2, 2011
Just ignore them. No one is forced to read any threads or posts on here. You don't like Tonaros and never miss an opportunity to make that known - and you have every right to do so on an open forum. Others who have these bikes seem to like them a lot and also have every right to post on here as well.

Maybe it would be better if everyone could just accept that some people like different things from them.

I have a Tonaro - I like it (but accept its limitations) and I would be very happy if someone would pay me a fiver for every post I make eulogising it. Please PM me if interested.

AndyOfTheSouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2009
If I had to judge a bike by its riders, I'd say this make was pretty decent.

I think Steve, Lynda, Mike and Brian would be a jolly good group to ride with.

Keep up the cheery posts, gang!

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Today, yet again, we have Steveindenmark reminding us how good HE thinks the bikes are. Previously, we have had that Lynda woman, Mike Killay and, before that, that Brian fellow, (whatever happened to him?) and a handful of others all extolling the virtues of these value-for-money ebikes.

Indalo
Don't think Lynda's gonna like being referred to as 'that woman' :eek:

Hope she doesn't live near you, coz you're gonna be left with a Tonaro tyre mark on yer face.

By the way, did I tell you that I think the Tonaro is the best bike in the universe..... :D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Maybe T***** ? :D

I gather the Bighit model is a very popular one so there's lots of them. Now to make Bighit plural, where should I place the "s" ?

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
I have no life and an Iphone thats constantly on forums...

Possibly why the economy is falling apart.

D

Deleted member 4366

When I started on the forum, we used to get the same with Kalkhoffs, but I guess things have moved on now, and they've been out-classed. Which bikes will it be next?

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Thank you Flecc!
Indalo, I suspect that you prefer traditional, light weight, diamond racing frames. If so, I do also.
Many years ago, I had a NSU Quickly and frankly, I did not like the look of it at all. But it was an excellent, totally reliable 3 speed lightweight motorbike and gave me excellent service.
That is what I find about my Tonaro, not too ugly compared with the Quickly, but reliable and strong.
Mike

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
When I started on the forum, we used to get the same with Kalkhoffs, but I guess things have moved on now, and they've been out-classed. Which bikes will it be next?
With their low bike and battery prices attracting lots of attention, maybe Kudos?

D

Deleted member 4366

I'm sure you know it's not malicious though. I think the Tonaros answer a real need, and anyway, the curves are disappearing from their newer models which are going all angular.
Wow! They look nice! Looks like a light-weight alloy frame. I hope the price doesn't go up too much.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, that model could be handy on the rough stuff with that ground clearance, Haibike on the cheap maybe, and with a throttle advantage.

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
With their low bike and battery prices attracting lots of attention, maybe Kudos?
Did I mention I had a Kudos Tourer? It's the perfect bike for me. I've never been beaten by a hill yet.

;)

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Wow! They look nice! Looks like a light-weight alloy frame. I hope the price doesn't go up too much.
It's marked up at £1350 on their website and it weighs in at 27.8Kgs so it's hardly lightweight! At that price, it's getting close to some decent machines which aren't all painted YELLOW!:D

Indalo