Is it me or has the forum gone all funny?

Beanie101

Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2008
Verbier, Switzerland
What happened was that Dienamics came back in last night, some while after his ban expired, and posted one of his images of a heavily made up "goth" face in every thread over two pages of the forum, and to round off posted one photo of the person in the images holding a knife to a wrist as if to cut it.

In addition, on one of the posts he added in large letters, "Guess who's back", and on another post "I hate flecc", obviously just too embarrassed to actually admit how much he admired me. :D
Joking apart, if you think that you know where he works, shouldn't this be reported to the police as threatening behaviour? I know that they're busy but you never know....

I'm sure that his employer, at the very least, would be interested to know about misuse of company equipment.

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
You're assuming 'Dienamics' was the alias of the employee not the company owner, or (less likely but possible) another person not registered who has access to their computers.

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
Joking apart, if you think that you know where he works, shouldn't this be reported to the police as threatening behaviour? I know that they're busy but you never know....

I'm sure that his employer, at the very least, would be interested to know about misuse of company equipment.
The police won't be interested and IIRC the only person he threatened was himself. This kind of activity is commonplace on the internet, forum raids, axes to grid and bored kids all cause a nuisance.
IP addresses aren't evidence on their own, several different computers could show up as the same IP at the same time and different people connected through the same ISP can have the same IP at different times so without other logs to go with it there isn't much evidence. If someone came to me with a similar problem and asked me to trace it I'd tell them to get a life, I'm not wasting time looking into it because someone said something vaguely nasty on a forum.
On the other hand if the IP adress is a fixed one and is only used by an ebike supplier then the threat of blocking the IP address from the forum may get results.

Rad

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 16, 2008
I doubt he even threatened himself. Those emo kid pictures are probably just that, pictures. Nothing at all to do with the bloke writing all the rubbish.

Danny-K

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2008
South West
I doubt he even threatened himself. Those emo kid pictures are probably just that, pictures. Nothing at all to do with the bloke writing all the rubbish.
He should have been on that show last night where three psychiatric analysts, hidden from view, try to work out who the fruitcake is from a group of disparate volunteers presented to them; It was like watching One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest again. The experts floundered desperately.

It had to happen; After Reality Home Improvement shows, Reality Self-Improvement shows and Reality X-Factor shows, they thought what next? - then came up with, Reality Insane Asylum shows.

P.S. Apologies to any readers who've received corrective treatment or suffered from mental disorders. Like the show revealed; you can't always tell who's 'mad' and who isn't.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

As others have noted, there's no proof that theres any connection, hence my not identifying the company and individual.

Therefore I think the action I took was best, effectively a "warning shot across the bows" saying I know who you are. They will still have looked in and seen it, so if it was connected with that user they will have been rattled by my response.

After all, they know I still have the option of naming that company as sharing that IP address with all the implications of that to them. Therefore if it was them, they are now likely to think discretion the better part of valour.

Danny-K

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2008
South West
He should have been on that show last night where three psychiatric analysts, hidden from view, try to work out who the fruitcake is from a group of disparate volunteers presented to them; It was like watching One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest again. The experts floundered desperately.

It had to happen; After Reality Home Improvement shows, Reality Self-Improvement shows and Reality X-Factor shows, they thought what next? - then came up with, Reality Insane Asylum shows.

P.S. Apologies to any readers who've received corrective treatment or suffered from mental disorders. Like the show revealed; you can't always tell who's 'mad' and who isn't.
Quoting on my own quotes; almost as if talking to myself - is that a sign of madness too?

After posting on here earlier I popped out on a couple of quick errands and called in at the library on the way back and had time to read the TV section of the Guardian. In it Sam Wollaston writes:

"...Is nothing now sacred, and exempt from the reality TV treatment? Mental illness is clearly OK. Why didn't they just call it I'm a Nutter, Get Me Out of Here?..."

And:

"...First, they make them all do a bit of stand-up comedy, hoping that one will start sweating and shaking and having palpitations, and then they'll be able to point the social anxiety disorder finger at them. It proves inconclusive, though, as does a problem-solving exercise with cards. So they take them to a farm to slop out the cows, because they know one of them has obsessive compulsive disorder and will probably have a serious problem with the dirt and contamination. Sure enough, Dan looks very anxious in the cow **** and says he's going to throw his wellies away afterwards. Ha, got you Dan: first mad man outed."

"... There is a panel of experts in mental health trying to figure it out, too. They get Dan right, but they're wrong about Yasmin - all agreeing that she doesn't have any mental health issues at all, when actually she does."

"...it's perfectly possible for them to function like anyone else. I'm learning a lot about OCD from Dan, and if it means putting the condition in the context of reality TV to get me there, then I don't see what's so wrong about that. Plus, there are all sorts of interesting questions being thrown up about the diagnosis of mental illness, and what a fine line it is between living with one and just having a character trait.

So that's it, the final taboo comes tumbling down. Anything goes on television now. Though wouldn't it be better if we could take part at home: dial 0800 800 followed by 01 to have Holly sectioned ... no, maybe not."

Hee hee, so either Dienamics volunteers to go on the show or Flecc outs his ISP employer on here.

Sam Wollaston on last night's TV | Culture | The Guardian

Danny-K

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2008
South West
Neither. :D

It seems he is no longer in that employ and has headed for New Zealand.
Quick! SOS to New Zealand! STOP Mobilise the Maoris STOP Take up war dance positions STOP Serious competition on the way to you with impressive face paint STOP E noho rā STOP

P.S. Did you know that Kia ora drink was Maori for Hello?
Yep, your right; time I got back to getting some work done.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
P.S. Did you know that Kia ora drink was Maori for Hello?
Yes I did. Luckily they aren't amongst our immigrants or there would be endless confusion over them offering soft drinks to everyone they met. :D

The only New Zealand person to send the SOS to that I know of is Wisper dealer Anthony in Auckland, though there are apparently other outlets.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks for that Bob. Seems he was from Europe originally went to NZ and then came back here before this last return.

Just as stroppy in NZ it seems.

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
That's were he came from.

Here
Ah, he was talking in April about moving to the UK so he wasn't here for long then! He was going to Nottingham and maybe then to Chester, his location said East Midlands so I guess he never got out of Nottingham.
Edit: Or just maybe he was about 10 miles to the south of Nottingham.:p

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Ah, he was talking in April about moving to the UK so he wasn't here for long then! He was going to Nottingham and maybe then to Chester, his location said East Midlands so I guess he never got out of Nottingham.
Edit: Or just maybe he was about 10 miles to the south of Nottingham.:p
He was a temp employee who apparently abused that position.

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
Apparently.

Although to be fair to him, while his final fling appeared to be an early morning one (I missed it), many of his posts were during the day when you'd have thought others would have been around. But perhaps they were out.