Is this FLECC's variation of EZEE Quando?

bersh

Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2007
Advertised on Amazon.com is a LI Mn204 36V/12AH battery powered fold up weighing 55lbs with an additional 8 lbs for the battery. It has a 110v-240v charger and best of all, a 6 speed Shimano gear arrangement. The price is $1399.00. The manufacturer is described as E-Ridz. I am particularly interested if anyone out there can tell me about E-Ridz, because I would have to purchase this machine on-line, without ever seeing it. So far I have not found a way to contact them directly to find out, amoung other things, the cost of a replacement battery, and indeed, if the battery that comes with the bike is of the more advanced kind, manufactured after 2007. Flecc, your input on this, among others, would be most appreciated.:)

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
Advertised on Amazon.com is a LI Mn204 36V/12AH battery powered fold up weighing 55lbs with an additional 8 lbs for the battery. It has a 110v-240v charger and best of all, a 6 speed Shimano gear arrangement. The price is $1399.00. The manufacturer is described as E-Ridz. I am particularly interested if anyone out there can tell me about E-Ridz, because I would have to purchase this machine on-line, without ever seeing it. So far I have not found a way to contact them directly to find out, amoung other things, the cost of a replacement battery, and indeed, if the battery that comes with the bike is of the more advanced kind, manufactured after 2007. Flecc, your input on this, among others, would be most appreciated.:)
it is very heavy for a folder and quite expensive for an unknown brand,i would suggest looking at one of the bikes tried by other members, eg greenedge, ezee quando etc,otherwise you will probably be one of the first to try one.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hello Bersh

Unfortunately the E-Ridz name seems to be used for different types. I suspect it's this one on the first two links, though the motor is shown as differently rated on them:

E-Ridz 1

E-Ridz 2

There's another E-Ridz on the link below which is definitely different and listed as 180 Watts. On this link, scroll down to EB-013 and click "Details":

E-Ridz 3

All three are shorter than the Quando and are typical of cheap Chinese folders, and that $1399 seems very expensive, even after allowing for the effect of current exchange rates.

All use the conventional Li-ion manganese cathode batteries and these are not the latest types. The best of today's improved batteries use compound manganese-cobalt cathodes which are better at delivering current without cutting out. However these E-Ridz bikes are almost certainly lower powered than the Quando so probably wouldn't be troubled by cutting out through battery overload.

I notice you mentioned the battery capacity as 12 Ah, a size I've never seen, but all these I've linked to are the usual 10 Ah.

In summary, these smaller bikes will feel a a little more cramped and will almost certainly lack the same power as the Quando, but it would be easier to assist them on hills with a choice of lower gears. The top gears will still be on the low side, not much different from the Quando's single gear. Being of unknown original makes, there'e no certainty of future battery availability.

bersh

Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2007
appreciation

Thanks Flecc for your usual articulate, practical and concise response. I did follow up another member's response by checking out Green Edge's Blackstar 2. I am awaiting their response to my attempt to use their order form as an email query. (Their web site needs some work).

I am primarily concerned that they have no American distributor;and probably no West Coast link (I'm from San Francisco)and that they may have little or no track record. My goal is to find a manufacturer of your modified/gearified Ezee Quando II (to replace my Ezee Quando II stolen in November of 2008 -sob).

If you have any suggestions, I would be most appreciative. Had the Ezee Quando folks added gears and used the new battery tech you mentioned, I'd buy one right now. The II has really great torque/acceleration-just not enough gears/battery power for our wonderful hills.

Cheers and cheerios, Bersh:)

Last edited:

torrent99

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 14, 2008
Highgate, London
Thanks Flecc for your usual articulate, practical and concise response. I did follow up another member's response by checking out Green Edge's Blackstar 2. I am awaiting their response to my attempt to use their order form as an email query. (Their web site needs some work).

I am primarily concerned that they have no American distributor;and probably no West Coast link (I'm from San Francisco)and that they may have little or no track record. My goal is to find a manufacturer of your modified/gearified Ezee Quando II (to replace my Ezee Quando II stolen in November of 2008 -sob).

If you have any suggestions, I would be most appreciative. Had the Ezee Quando folks added gears and used the new battery tech you mentioned, I'd buy one right now. The II has really great torque/acceleration-just not enough gears/battery power for our wonderful hills.

Cheers and cheerios, Bersh:)
Bersh,

Have you asked on the EndlessSphere forums (http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/)? I only suggest this because, although very DIY focussed, they are also a lot more US focussed than this forum so might have more local knowledge for you.

Of course we'll help as much as we can!

Cheers

Steve

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I did follow up another member's response by checking out Green Edge's Blackstar 2. I am awaiting their response to my attempt to use their order form as an email query. (Their web site needs some work).
This Greenedge bike is certainly one of the closest to what you want Bersh, but as you say, no American distributor is a disadvantage. That said, it is a relatively new brand name and marketing for us as well, and in the current international climate any brand could disappear.