Is this kit any good

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
That battery says out of stock like the 09's.
I've just looked at my Oxy cst kit, it may fit at a pinch you need to ask Andrew for the exact length of the cable form the controller to the lcd as that looks like the one that will give most greif.
Looking at my OXY lcd o controller cable again mine runs from the head set down the front tube to the controller which is 660mm in length then about 150mm extra as it goes under the BB and in to the rear of the controller, up front I have about 160mm of cable to the lcd from the headset area so all in all about 1meter in total. Run it along the top bar to the pannier rack should be no issue esp if the rack is mounted as far forward as you can get it.
The 9 pin motor/hall cable will run up the rear drop out stay so no issue there. The pas will be short but as only 3 simple wires it will be easy to splice extra cable in the middle by soldering and heat shrinking each joint.
Persevere and it will fit.

lanerboy

Pedelecer
Sep 2, 2016
midlands
Thanks again Nealth what I will do is try my Oxydrive kit on my wifes bike again tonight and see how close it is, I new the pas sensor would not be long enough but was unsure if I would be able to extend this

Many thanks again for all the fantastic advise I really do appreciate your time

LB

lanerboy

Pedelecer
Sep 2, 2016
midlands
Ok just tried my Oxydrive kit with the battery over the rear wheel and the only cable that is an issue is the one from the pas sensor by the crank, Its about 8-10 inches short.

To extend this what sort of wire do I need to use please and would I be better extending the PAS wire or the one from the controller

Thanks LB

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Last edited:

lanerboy

Pedelecer
Sep 2, 2016
midlands
After some great advise off this forum about what kit to buy I managed to get my oxydrive kit to fit how the wife wanted it, just had to extend the wire on the pas sensor all the rest were ok I did make the pas wire too long though so need to re do this and make it a bit shorter so its neater

Whats your thoughts please

Reactions: Nealh
D

Deleted member 4366

What's more important is how does it go.

I was wondering, if you turn the battery around, can you get it much closer to the seat-post. The closer it is, the better the handling.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The battery is hard up against the rack upstand cutting off the upstand would allow it to move a bit more, then the sus post would probably interfere.
By the way great that you got it sorted and a good compromise to reuse/adapt the kit and goes to show you can fit a battery any where you like to suit your needs.

lanerboy

Pedelecer
Sep 2, 2016
midlands
If I turn the battery around though the cable that goes to the display would require lengthening so I don't think it worth the extra 2 inches plus the seat is a suspension seat and goes down when you sit on it

Cheers LB

snowboarder

Pedelecer
Feb 23, 2016
Did oxydrive stop doing the 350w motor option now, just looked at their website and seems to be different version?

D

Deleted member 4366

They use the middle sized motor now, which has about the same speed and torque, but it's lighter.

D

Deleted member 4366

I tried one the other day. Using my expertise gleaned from years of experimenting with electric bikes, I worked my magic and within a few seconds had the motor spinning to 25.5 mph.

snowboarder

Pedelecer
Feb 23, 2016
I tried one the other day. Using my expertise gleaned from years of experimenting with electric bikes, I worked my magic and within a few seconds had the motor spinning to 25.5 mph.
But how lol does the controller still switch between 2 modes i.e offroad mode etc

D

Deleted member 4366

You have to push buttons on the control panel in the right sequence.