Is Topbikekit T-06S controller same as the bmsbattery S06S

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
Had decided to get the popular BMS S06S controller and LCD 3 .Then i saw the postage cost.After recovering i had a shop around.Found Top bike kit website.Their T- 06S externally looks identical to the S06S, down to the sub atomic level .The specs also the same .The postage with dhl,considerably less. Sooo anyone know if its a piece of crap? Im thinking all these chinese companies are selling the same products,under their own label? Thanks anyone, if u know its the same...or as descent build quality...Err cheap.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Enlarging pic of it is to blurred to read the label but yes it is a KT controller like the SO6S, so yes a generic relabelled customer model. Not much choice though as only 15a one available, though does have the speed limit wire if you wish to go a bit faster.

The similar dual voltage ones from PSWPower are a little different as they are true 36/48v models and have a speed limit wire, horn & light wired output as well and you can take your pic of 12,17,17 & 20a controller.

Quite a good little find that site, first time I've seen a Q hub opener for sale.

Last edited:

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
Enlarging pic of it is to blurred to read the label but yes it is a KT controller like the SO6S, so yes a generic relabelled customer model. Not much choice though as only 15a one available, though does have the speed limit wire if you wish to go a bit faster.

The similar dual voltage ones from PSWPower are a little different as they are true 36/48v models and have a speed limit wire, horn & light wired output as well and you can take your pic of 12,17,17 & 20a controller.

Quite a good little find that site, first time I've seen a Q hub opener for sale.
Thanks neal. That will do me then. The s06s seems a tried an tested model thats proved reliable.
I saw those pswpower ones . They are sensorless tho, an the postage is still high.
The bike gets up to a 15mph cut off fine,with its present controller an 200w sensored motor. 17amps may be too much for the motor? As u commented before, the controller is prob only 12 -15amps. Its a shame to replace it.But its a single speed.Speed control PAS.I want a current control controller ,so i can get more assistance on hills an use a lower PAS on the flat.The present controller drops off assistanc as soon as your speed slows on hills and gives more than u need on the flat. Doesnt have a throttle connection either.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
PSWPower sell both types on their pages, sinewave sensored 6 fets and tq/sq wave unsensored 9 fets.

The postage for the one you linked to is about the same give or take 1 or 2 $$.
Cheapest option is $29 and PSWPower is about $30.

Last edited:

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
PSWPower sell both types on their pages, sinewave sensored 6 fets and tq/sq wave unsensored 9 fets.

The postage for the one you linked to is about the same give or take 1 or 2 $$.
Cheapest option is $29 and PSWPower is about $30.
Im after sine wave ,simulated torque,sensored.Thats why the S06S seemed ideal. I suppose 17amps wouldnt be good for a 200w motor? Only has a 36t chainring,an single 16t rear cog,so wont break any speed records.
The dhl postage on controller,lcd 3,half grip throttle an speed sensor ,worked out $28 on topbike kit ,35+ on others.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Im after sine wave ,simulated torque,sensored.Thats why the S06S seemed ideal. I suppose 17amps wouldnt be good for a 200w motor? Only has a 36t chainring,an single 16t rear cog,so wont break any speed records.
The dhl postage on controller,lcd 3,half grip throttle an speed sensor ,worked out $28 on topbike kit ,35+ on others.
One last time?

What does "200 W" rating mean? It means the motor will run all day (OK I exaggerate, make that 2 hours) without the temperature rising more than 2° Kelvin. It is a consumer protection rating guaranteeing you that your motor will perform at that power and lot less.

Of course it will perform at more power it may may get a little warm. 17 A x 36v is only 612 W, a decent quality electric drill is as powerful. Hot off the charger the battery gives 42v so 714 W.

Real world example? I climb a 3.8 km hill of about 6-7% average slope at full power so around 500 W and at the top the two motors I have are hardly warm to the touch. More so on 30°C summer days but no warmer than bath water.

D

Deleted member 4366

The motor will have no problem with 17 amps. You can go as high as 22 amps without having to worry too much about heat. It's only the battery that you have to worry about. 17 amps is probably OK for just about any new cheap battery, but not for an old worn out one, nor would it be a problem for any battery that has a continuous discharge rate of 20 amps or above.

200W stamped on the motor is only for legal compliance. the same motor sold elsewhere could be stamped 500w. Heinzmann used to provide their 200W motor with a 36 v 33 amp controller.

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
One last time?

What does "200 W" rating mean? It means the motor will run all day (OK I exaggerate, make that 2 hours) without the temperature rising more than 2° Kelvin. It is a consumer protection rating guaranteeing you that your motor will perform at that power and lot less.

Of course it will perform at more power it may may get a little warm. 17 A x 36v is only 612 W, a decent quality electric drill is as powerful. Hot off the charger the battery gives 42v so 714 W.

Real world example? I climb a 3.8 km hill of about 6-7% average slope at full power so around 500 W and at the top the two motors I have are hardly warm to the touch. More so on 30°C summer days but no warmer than bath water.
thanks AK an others i get it now.Battery is 25amp continous discharge. So I may get one with a 17 amp rating. While overkill for flatter terrain, with the existing gearing. it could be useful to have in reserve for hills

Last edited: