Ive found the best Practical Uk bike shop! (With Agattu teaser..)

essexman

Pedelecer
Dec 17, 2007
cb11
There's a link in my blog cycledad

Great range of top brand pedelecs! Plus, drum roll please....... Dozens of Kalkhoff Bikes, including the Agattus :) (gents and ladies frame). Let me tell you they look worth the wait! They look more manly and capable than the Sparta Bikes which they were parked next to, but just as well specced.

These guys stock a lot of top brand pedelecs and pedal kalkhoffs, they strike me as being my nearest bike garage, when i need servicing.

Anyway, a day out in cambridge is a great day for anyone so i'd heartedly reccommend the trip.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
But not ELECTRIC Kalkhoffs, which is what interests us more. :)

There are a few good places in Cambridge for continental bike stuff, like the Dutch Bike Company for example.

Last edited:

essexman

Pedelecer
Dec 17, 2007
cb11
nice link hadnt come across it before. Shocked to see the mother bike , there as well. I've obviously been looking in the wrong places. Must pop into Roccos sometime for a nose around.

The difference is of course that station cycles has all this stuff in stock (plus pedelecs, plus folders, plus German bikes etc no cargo bikes), to touch feel and ride and they are open long hours.

And yes we all want to see the Agattu pedelecs (my 49cm gents due anyday now apparently)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, they are both good companies. The Dutch Bike Company are good for getting decent Dutch panniers as an alternative to the scruffy shapeless sacks that we have over here usually. Being a branch of a Dutch business, they can get stuff over quickly very often.

Hope your 49cm Agattu is with you soon now, plus a dose of decent weather to go with it.

simonbarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 26, 2007
West Hampstead, NW London
Hi Essexman- Musicbooks and I had thought there were no other pedelecs waiting for the 49cm Agutta. Is your "anyday" based on anything more recent than my Monday info that they're built and waiting shipment?

essexman

Pedelecer
Dec 17, 2007
cb11
I phoned them Thursday and they said probably next week.. but they also admitted that they'd said that last week as well and that they couldnt gaurantee next week either. They did verfiy they had my mobile no. and assured me they will call as soon as they are in.

I got a brand new birdy 2 years back and had a 2 month delay on that as well, so i was expecting delays this time as well.

Like i say the non electrics look lovely (i'm glad i didnt get the pro connect), so i'm looking forward to it.

simonbarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 26, 2007
West Hampstead, NW London
50Cycles

I have to say that I'm deeply uneasy about these long promised Kalkhoff deliveries.:confused: They were built a week ago and still no-one knows when they'll arrive- why not? How long does it take to get a bike from Germany to here and why don't 50C know where they are?

Bit worrying if they've lost Ezee and have no Kalkhoffs either...:eek: