Izip battery - testing

Hugh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
Afternoon All,

somebody's interested in buying my old Izip Trekking Enlightened. Problem is, it was out of action for ages while I struggled to get a replacement rear wheel and motor, and when I then tried to use it, the battery kept cutting out and then cutting in after a bit, before giving up altogether.

I'm assuming it's simply a case of the battery being knackered, but I'd like to be able to check as I don't want to mislead the buyer by selling the bike on the basis of it needing a new battery if the problem's actually something else.

I'm OK on the mechanical side of bikes, but a washout when it comes to electricity, so advice of the lowest common denominator level would be very helpful!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You can sell it with a clear conscience, it will be the battery. The in-frame battery is a li-ion one and what you are experiencing is typical of a li-ion that's at the end of life due to either age or lack of use without regular charging.

Obviously a prospective buyer will need to know about battery availability and price. This pedelecs thread seems to indicate the battery is no longer made.

Scatty

Pedelecer
Jan 15, 2009
You have to feel sorry for anyone who bought these bikes not only have they cut production on the inside frame battery they now have stopped the rear rack ones too :mad: has its been taken out of there 2011 catalouge. my advice stay well clear of any izip :eek: