Just bought a Synergie - Any ideas what this switch does please?

LesleyA

Pedelecer
Jul 11, 2012
Hi all, new here and stumbled across the forum looking for info on my bike. Picked up a used Synergie which is about 3 years old, same owner from new and vgc. From what I have discovered in my searches, its a G2 Brio model. However, there is no user manual/instructions with it, and although I have worked out the basics, there is a switch on the left handlebar that is a mystery.

Its a small rocker switch, with 3 positions - E - . - S, tried all three positions and cannot see what it does? Apparently Synergie no longer made as were bought out by another electric bike company a few years ago, so I've not been able to find much info online. If anyone has a model with a similar switch and can tell me what it does (or is supposed to do in case its not actually working!), I'd be most grateful.

Thank you,
Lesley

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If no answer here Lesley, try contacting Alien who took over the brand. They were very near to each other in Scotland and there could be prior knowledge still available.

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
The three position switch functions as follows:

E (economy) low power available on the pedelec system

Center position (not marked) pedelec system switched off.

S (sport) medium power available on the pedelec system.

The throttle provides full power at all times, no matter what position the mode switch is in.

To test the switch, start the machine moving by pedalling only with the switch in 'E' position. Then, while still pedalling, flick the switch across into 'S' position, and you will notice an immediate increase in assistance. The brushed motors fitted to these machines are not known for quietness, so you will hear the increase in power.

My own Synergie Mistral is over three years old now. It has proved to be a thoroughly reliable work-horse.

Have fun
Bob

LesleyA

Pedelecer
Jul 11, 2012
Thanks for replies, and thank you Bob, that makes a lot of sense!

I have read a couple of bad reports about the Synergie bikes, but I have also seen good comments too. First impressions are its a sturdy, well made machine, if a little heavy, but thats not helped by the old Acid battery rather than the Li-ion one which I understand is lighter. Might upgrade it at some stage!

Good to hear you have been pleased with yours to date. We are only "hobby" cyclists and my hubby picked up a Thompson Electric bike 2nd hand in March, and has been very pleased with that. I've been looking for one to be able to go out with him, and found the Synergie only 8 miles away from us for £100, which I feel is a bargain.

Just need the weather to improve now, so we can make the most of them both!

Thank again :)

Last edited:

Nigelk

Pedelecer
Apr 8, 2012
Nr Banbury
I had Synergie bike for 5-6 years and could not fault it. The battery's lasted about 3 years.I converted it into lead acid battery's and used them for the last years I had it. It had a 24v brushed motor which did well considering how many miles I did on it. I had my moneys worth out of it and really enjoyed it. I sold it on for £100.00 some time ago now. No regrets, The E-S rocker switch is a good function and I used that most of the time. Good luck with your bike.

Kal

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2008
I had Synergie bike for 5-6 years and could not fault it. The battery's lasted about 3 years.I converted it into lead acid battery's and used them for the last years I had it. It had a 24v brushed motor which did well considering how many miles I did on it. I had my moneys worth out of it and really enjoyed it. I sold it on for £100.00 some time ago now. No regrets, The E-S rocker switch is a good function and I used that most of the time. Good luck with your bike.
Yes, I can confirm the Synergie Mistral is a good ebike. Had mine since 2008 and the original battery took me a couple of miles on the flat this year although they really need changing after 3 years to do any real mileage. Sadly I just put her up for sale on here today, looking for £70 as the person who buys it will need to purchase a new battery and that will put off most people. Very reliable -I had two punctures in all the years I rode it and it needs new brake blocks and battery now. I posted a review on here when I first bought it:
http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/electric-bike-reviews/1727-synergie-mistral-owner-reviews.html