Kalkhoff 2012 Panasonic Models are 36V

tangent

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2010
I have just noticed that the 2012 Kalkhoff models all seem to specify 36V now with either 12Ah or 14Ah batteries. e.g.

Kalkhoff : 2012

Has anyone seen any details or announcements about this? Or what other changes the new Panasonic unit might deliver? I would hope that the existing 26V system would continue to be supported with replacement batteries, etc.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
that is good news I would think.....

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Quite an interesting line-up. I see the Pro Connect has a 350 Watt Bosch motor. That must be for the German speedy classification.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hopefully right, but it does say this at the foot of each bike's specification!

Specification changes and errors excepted! :rolleyes:

Seriously, this will put some competitors noses out of joint.

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
The two Bosch bikes are in the top of the range E performance category, does that tell you something? lol A real shame we probably wont see them here as Tim dont seem to like them:D

I think the 350 watt is maybe a mistake as no chatter on German forum about this, and 2012 bikes discussed a lot.

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Moving to 36v will obviously increase range given the 12Ah etc battery sizes, other than that as the system is power limited by design I think its more of a marketing move by Panasonic, 36v being more attention grabbing than 26v and matching Bosch on specification.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Moving to 36v will obviously increase range given the 12Ah etc battery sizes, other than that as the system is power limited by design I think its more of a marketing move by Panasonic, 36v being more attention grabbing than 26v and matching Bosch on specification.
This is my guess too. Panasonic are not going to give up their recent big expansion in this market without a fight.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Pity no Bosch stepthrough like the BionX step through they do though. while my wife much prefers the Bosch system, she don't like the crossbar bike, so may have to change bike for something else:(

My mistake I guess as she managed OK with wisper 905 but on reflection tha cross bar sweeps down and is easier to get on.......Have been trying to teach her how to swing left leg straight back and over but she just dont seem to get it:confused:

This e bike malarkey getting expensive:mad: