Kalkhoff Pro Connect - bar end mirrors

hopbackguy

Pedelecer
Jun 11, 2015
Horndean, Hampshire
Has anyone on these forums successfully fitted bar end mirrors to the Pro Connect - or another Kalkhoff which also has the Ergon GP1 grips? I thought I remembered finding somewhere on the forum a reference to the internal diameter of the handlebar end on this model being of a slightly smaller size and so wouldn't fit all bar end mirrors but I can't find it now..

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
I have a Mirrycle mirror on my Agutta. So many good reviews can’t all be wrong. It has two inserts for different sized bars.

Reactions: oldtom

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
I think they call it the generic one. It’s the original as far as I know. Very robust and stable and the image is not a vibration induced blur on most roads.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
Don’t really need two on a bike IMO. It’s not like a motorcycle where you overtake and change lanes.

SteveRuss

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2015
Bristol, Uk
Has anyone on these forums successfully fitted bar end mirrors to the Pro Connect - or another Kalkhoff which also has the Ergon GP1 grips? I thought I remembered finding somewhere on the forum a reference to the internal diameter of the handlebar end on this model being of a slightly smaller size and so wouldn't fit all bar end mirrors but I can't find it now..
I fitted a Mirrycle mirror to my pro connect Alfine 8G. Five mins maximum fitting time. Highly recommended.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
There's a lot of misunderstanding about mirrors for handlebar ends. The ones with smaller inserts are for the sort of horizontal handlebars we normally have, but there are mirrors with larger inserts that are made for drop handlebars which have a larger internal bore.

For example using the Cateye mirrors, this BM500G is for our handlebars:

But this BM300G is for drop handlebars, you can see how much bigger the insert is:

hopbackguy

Pedelecer
Jun 11, 2015
Horndean, Hampshire
Thanks @flecc , yes I'd concluded that from some other posts - the Mirrycle one I've ordere looks like it will fit fine. :)

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Talking about left and right hand mirrors, I was surprised when I first took my bike to Belgium, that leaving the mirror on the right hand side and adjusting it slightly worked just fine.