Kalkhoff Pro Connect F8 | Folding Bikes

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
saw this on wiggle,with the tiny amount it weighs how perfect for popping under your arm and hopping on the bus...can see me asking questions about "nano's" (and how easy to stick one on)i think they are called soon...
:cool:

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
no link just wiggle

if you go to www.wiggle.co.uk and look under folders that one and many others are there....wiggle is fantastically fast at delivering....i ordered a new mirror last week..didnt pay the extra £3.99 for next day delivery but it still came next day anyhow so £8.99 for a mirror delivered the next day is brilliant.....

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Can't beat the genuine European cycle manufacturers like Kalkhoff. For once the gears are sensible for a folder, a highish 91" top gear achieved with a large chainwheel and a not too small 11 tooth rear sprocket.

Not like so many of the very undergeared oriental folders, Dahon an honourable exception.

Could have a Nano fitted with some front fork alteration, and it would be faster in the 20" wheel than the Nano Brompton with it's small 16" wheel. Power up to 16 / 17 mph with the Kalkhoff.

Here's the direct link for Keith:

Pro Connect Folder

Erik

Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2008
Can't beat the genuine European cycle manufacturers like Kalkhoff. For once the gears are sensible for a folder, a highish 91" top gear achieved with a large chainwheel and a not too small 11 tooth rear sprocket.

Not like so many of the very undergeared oriental folders, Dahon an honourable exception.

Could have a Nano fitted with some front fork alteration, and it would be faster in the 20" wheel than the Nano Brompton with it's small 16" wheel. Power up to 16 / 17 mph with the Kalkhoff.

Here's the direct link for Keith:

Pro Connect Folder
According to the reviews on the page you link to it's really a Kalkhoff branded Dahon.

What about the pump: "the brilliant Zorin post pump. The seatpost doubles as a high pressure floor pump to make inflating your wheels to the recommended 90 psi a breeze"

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
What about the pump: "the brilliant Zorin post pump. The seatpost doubles as a high pressure floor pump to make inflating your wheels to the recommended 90 psi a breeze"
I'm getting one. Don't care if it pumps the tyre up or not but it sounds like serious fun to me. Does it work while riding along? :D

MaryinScotland

Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2006
Dumfries, SW Scotland
how perfect for popping under your arm and hopping on the bus...:cool:
I once had a Dahon fold-in-half like that with 20" wheels. It made a rather cumbersome piece of luggage when folded. I managed with it on trains (though I wouldn't have tried in rush hour). I wouldn't have fancied taking it on a bus. I've got a Brompton now for my multi-modal transport. Goes into a smaller neater package, although at 10.4 kg, I still find it quite heavy to carry in one hand.

Mary

echowind

Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2008
Regarding the biologic seat post pump, I have one on one of my Dahons'. The pump works very well, the only downside is that a design fault allows it to slip down when you hit bumps, I bodged mine with a few bits of blue tack to keep it in place.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
According to the reviews on the page you link to it's really a Kalkhoff branded Dahon.

I thought it possibly was from the appearance Erik, hence my mention of Dahon being an honourable exception. Dahon licence their designs to many suppliers, east and west, though the specs can be tweaked to suit each.

The cycling magazines which have tested the seatpost pump all seem to like it.