Kalkhoff

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
just dont get one with the impulse motors ;)

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
every impulse motor fails they are not fit for purpose the bikes are fine with a bosch motor tho.

• Agree

zoros

Pedelecer
May 15, 2019
Thanks for your input guys:
I am looking at the :
Endeavour 5.B

Main priorities:

Range: No less than 30 miles out and 30 miles back.
Must cope with quite steep hills where I live.

Observations gratefully received.

Thanks in advance
Z

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you will struggle to get 60 miles out of 1 batt esp with hills but if you can charge it b4 the return trip you should just about make it.

or get a spare batt ;)

zoros

Pedelecer
May 15, 2019
The shop is reporting back from owners stating the advertised range is: 90 miles and the actual range comes in around 60-70 miles.
I need to chat to a Kalkhoff owner I guess.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it will depend how fit you are and what mode you use so say in eco you might get 50 plus miles out of one charge but as soon as you start climbing hills it will use a lot more batt and esp if you use a higher mode like turbo.

the max i have got from a 500w bosch batt range wise is 48 miles

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The shop is reporting back from owners stating the advertised range is: 90 miles and the actual range comes in around 60-70 miles.
I need to chat to a Kalkhoff owner I guess.
I doubt most owners could get 60 to 70 miles from the 500 Wh powertube battery it uses, especially with the steep hills you mention.

It depends on how much pedal effort you put in, but could be as little as 40 miles with steep hills. Powerful cyclists could get much more.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Reactions: Fat Rat

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Reactions: Fat Rat and flecc

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
The new Bosch active line plus motor with a 500wh battery paired together on a fair few different makes of ebike seems to provide the longest range of all the crank drive motors currently available but is not the most powerful.

The good news is this battery and motor can be found together at around £1750.

When you are new to electric bikes it is easy to assume the ranges quoted by manufacturers must be accurate, but once you have owned one for a while you start to understand how many variables effect what range you personally will achieve and these include things like temperature, fitness, weight, gradients, tyres and quite a few more.

Generally the ranges quoted by manufacturers are unrealistically optimistic for very many riders.

• Agree
Reactions: Fat Rat

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
I live in a very hilly area but I do put a lot of energy into my riding and this was last Saturday on road with plus section tyres which are not very tarmac efficient so as above there's so many variables at work .

Attachments

zoros

Pedelecer
May 15, 2019
The dual battery advertised bike is £4000+, !! No wonder you get double the range, you are paying nearly twice the price for the benefit!! No contest really, considering how often you may need to travel into this extended range. Far too much money for this added luxury IMO.

I've bought now and it is a KahlKoff 3B Endeavour. Performance CS+ (540W). 70Nm torque. Should satisfly my needs 90+% of the time.