KD58C display died

Nosweat

Pedelecer
Sep 2, 2019
My Woosh conversion kit suffered a setback today. When I turned on the KD58C display only the backlight came on (ie completely bright white) and no LCD text. Bike battery was on nearly full charge after only a short ride since its last charge. I pressed the + button a couple of times to try getting into my usual power level and set off regardless, and experienced what felt like a normal (3/5) level of assistance.

After a couple of minutes the blank white backlight stopped altogether and all assistance stopped. I couldn't get the unit to come back on regardless of what buttons I pressed, or for how long, and I had no assistance for the rest of my ride.

When I got home I swapped the unit over to my wife's bike (also a Woosh, with the same display unit) - nothing happened. But when I connected my wife's unit to my bike her unit sprang to life.

Question - has my bike's handlebar display unit died and if so how can I get it replaced? Before trying to source another one, is this a known issue after a couple of years, or is there a simple fix like does it require a button battery or something other than the bike battery to power it?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Err you have a woosh kit, then pick the phone up and speak to woosh. They will hold spares in their stock.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
My Woosh conversion kit suffered a setback today. When I turned on the KD58C display only the backlight came on (ie completely bright white) and no LCD text. Bike battery was on nearly full charge after only a short ride since its last charge. I pressed the + button a couple of times to try getting into my usual power level and set off regardless, and experienced what felt like a normal (3/5) level of assistance.

After a couple of minutes the blank white backlight stopped altogether and all assistance stopped. I couldn't get the unit to come back on regardless of what buttons I pressed, or for how long, and I had no assistance for the rest of my ride.

When I got home I swapped the unit over to my wife's bike (also a Woosh, with the same display unit) - nothing happened. But when I connected my wife's unit to my bike her unit sprang to life.

Question - has my bike's handlebar display unit died and if so how can I get it replaced? Before trying to source another one, is this a known issue after a couple of years, or is there a simple fix like does it require a button battery or something other than the bike battery to power it?
please email support@wooshbikes.co.uk
Andy will help to sort it.