Kit controller

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
vlcd5 is a display it acts as an on/off switch for the system with a few parameters to make minor adjustments, like wheel speed, wheel size and assist level.
The controller is integrated in to the main motor as a removable item in case of issues.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The LCD5 is compatible with KT controllers. You should always buy controllers and LCDs as a matched pair.

boyabouttown

Pedelecer
Oct 3, 2016
sheffield
So you have to find somewhere to put the controller, connect it to motor, lcd, would look like the inside of a bt road cabinet after i'd done, with electrical tape holding it all together. Being colour blind won't help much either. Don't think this kit idea is for me.

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I thought the Op was talking about a tsdz2 when he mentioned vlcd5 !!!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Different bit of kit altogether, it being a drive that utilises a torque sensor to multiply the effort you put in. The controller is incorporated with in the mid drive assembly but is a replaceable item, as mentioned the vlcd5 is mainly a handle bar display with some functions the main one acting as an on/off switch.

boyabouttown

Pedelecer
Oct 3, 2016
sheffield
While i'm asking questions, whats the difference between the 36 and 48v. Was looking to buy from woosh, his is the 48v ( could then ask him all the dumb qustions) but it's £240 more than getting one from germany (36v plus i presume inferior battery.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If it goes wrong or has an issue you will have devil of a time getting it repaired as often the repair centre is in China, Germany is just a warehouse gateway for EU sales and not a repair station, Woosh will offer full warranty and back up from within the UK.
48V will give more torque and range for an equivalent wh/ah battery size.
48V battery ups the cost a little but not by much. With Woosh being a UK company vat has to b paid plus you are paying for warranty and reliable CS from a very well know seller to those in the know.

vlcd5 is central display lcd , xh18 sits on the end of the handle bar and uses atwist grip to change assist level. Personally I think more prone to damage should bike fall over or scrape a wall etc,etc.

boyabouttown

Pedelecer
Oct 3, 2016
sheffield
Cheers for the explanations. Next question, do you think a 3 speed hub over an 8 speed, will be enough, baring in mind i'd be going from a single speed, which had me grinding up 10% hills and spinning over 17 mph and i'm from yorkshire and don't like spending money.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
We are all different what gears one rider uses will differ to another for me personally need the top and bottom range of the 18 or 20 gears I have, generally 8 should be plenty just depends on the needs of the rider.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Has anyone done a high mileage with one of these motors, who can comment on reliability? By high mileage, I mean only 1500 plus miles. I've seen quite a few problems reported, but not in the context of how much they've used. I get the impression that these motors give more problems than they ought to, but some real data would confirm whether that's true.

Personally, I'd stick with a hub-motor if you can because they're infinitely more reliable, and easier and cheaper to fix.

boyabouttown

Pedelecer
Oct 3, 2016
sheffield
Booked a days hire on the gain, will see how that goes. I think it would be beyond me converting the gtech especially with trying to keep the belt line correct. Iv'e read a few articles where people who understand bikes have had issues fitting igh's, belts, sprockets and chain rings, trying to line things up. I struggle adjusting the v brakes.