Kit for folder

Tommy C

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 8, 2019
I'm not having much luck getting a bike for this summer. My first choice was a folding Woosh Zephyr but they couldn't guarantee it for my weight so I've decided I might as well put my hand in my pocket and get what I want - a folding e-bike suitable for me. I think the best way to do this would be to get a high quality folder and then convert it (or get a bike shop to convert it for me). I think the bike would be a Montague Paratrooper Express, a Change DF-809 or Change DF-811.

At the moment I'm looking at Samsung Power 13ah rear hub, Bafang BBS01 mid drive and the selection from Woosh but I'm not sure which of the Woosh motors would partner best with these folders and a heavy rider.

With that in mind, if anybody has any experience of converting these bike models or similar to a rear hub or mid drive motor, I'd be grateful for any advice about what''s on offer. I've ruled out front hub. I'll check the boards for previous threads and thank you very much to those people who have already offered me advice and encouragement.