Kits & Batteries @ Cost Price Thread - Update

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
Hi all,

This is just a quick update to let you know where I'm at and why it's taking so long to order your stuff (you'll understand why soon).

I'll try and be brief..

Firstly, I was TOTALLY overwhelmed by the amount of people and requests for stuff (much of it non-standard so it required a lot of backwards and forwards with the factory I work with in China who speak very little English and are very busy.

Secondly, my website (pedalelectric.com) is still not ready (the store side) and I really would like customers to SEE the products they're getting before they order. There's literally 100's of products to be inventoried, identified and priced (Chinese are very disorganised, no SKU's, no English, no clue about how to run a proper business, even though they make VERY good kits, batteries and products, they just need help on the IT/logistics/English side, which is basically why I'm their UK exclusive agent & distributor now, working closely with their US one.

And finally, the main delay.. I had two serious (life threatening) seizures where I was unconscious for several hours and badly hurt my back.. this has seriously impaired both memory and cognitive ability, since Nov-Jan. I'm still under treatment for that. We don't know if there's any lasting brain damage (finally got an MRI scan this Friday). Since then I was told to rest for a few weeks, cut back on work, or risk further seizures.

I am getting better and slowly working on the site (have uploaded all the products to the store, but just need the Chinese help now to identify them all and the tec specs etc!) I'll focus on what people have ordered so we can speed the process up a bit.

On the plus side, time of the year.. not ideal riding weather is it, and we may still be in for ice and snow, who knows.. but sorry for those who depend on bikes for what and what not, or were just keen to start DIY'ing.

I still have a list of all your requirements, and quotes will be sent by PayPal prior to ordering, then a final invoice once shipping and taxes comes in (which I will cover initially (or re-invoice for, depending on difference). I don't expect the final cost much will be much different to quotes, only a small %).

So that's where we're at. Why am I doing this cost price?

1) To launch and promote my website, and the excellent products to the UK marketplace for first time (although I been using them myself for 2+ years)

2) To help everyone out, because I know times are tough financially and everyone deserves an e-bike, (a way to save money on running a car for a start).

To reassure businesses out there. After the first order, my biz model will change so that:

1) E-bike stuff won't be cost price anymore. I'll be making a competitive margin/commission on stuff.
2) Batteries (CycleCharge branded budget ones), are a separate thing via CycleCharge and will always be cost price (and even cheaper - subsidised, depending on how we do with grants and financing this year).

Paul

P.S. Any questions, changes to orders, cancellations etc, please do get in touch asap, as I'm hoping to send invoices out and order from China by end of Feb.

Reactions: patpatbut

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
HI Paul,

Good to know you are recovering well. Health is more important that ebike business ;)

just wondering how much for the 349mm 36h rim for brompton?

Do let us know when the websit is ready. :)

Pat

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
Hi Pat,

Thanks for your well wishes, and you're right my recent health-scare and having to take a month out as put things into prospective!

349mm 36H rim for Brompton kits are same cost as other kits (while size doesn't matter as far as cost is considered). Powder coating is also free, if you need the rim+motor black, else it's shiny chrome or dull stainless silver.

I'm working on the website but it's a huge undertaking as there's literally 100's of products which have to be identified, described, SKU'd, priced etc, and I have no info from China! I'm basically making their English site. All I have from the Chinese is the pictures/photos basically and a few tech drawings/spec sheets of the motors and wiring looms, and their performance graph sheets and safety approval certificates..

I'm prioritising on the kits/parts/batteries, people have requested for now, so we can get the order placed asap.

Regards,

Paul

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
Further update.. I'm taking a lot of medications to prevent further seizures (which were life threatening ones and we don't know yet what caused them or if there is any lasting damage until I have my MRI scan which has due this week but has now been pushed back to 25 March (at my request personal and for insurance reasons).

My health situation is improving week by week...I still have short-term memory and small coordination problems, but nowhere as bad as a few weeks ago. I'm doing more work gradually and although we lost a month-to-6 weeks, I'm confident we'll have the site and store ready before long.

Thanks for all your kind messages of support and well wishes. And your patience of course. It's really appreciated. These kind of things really make you take stock of what's important and make your value you health!

Thanks again, and best wishes to all,

Paul