KM529-LCD zero start.

TomFrost50

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 28, 2019
Hi All,

Apologies if this is a question that has been asked and answered before. i have a couple of E-MTB in regular use for me and my wife, and recently bought one for my dad to use on his farm so he can strap it to the back of the tractor in the morning, and then come home for lunch and coffee break and things without bring the whole tractor/cultivator back.

my question is this: Is it possible to set the KM529 so it can zero start?

Many thanks in advance for your help in this question.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
my question is this: Is it possible to set the KM529 so it can zero start?
do you mean like a twist and go throttle?
almost no bikes can do zero start without a throttle, including German bikes, they all need the bikes to move forward a little before starting the motor to avoid accident at traffic lights.

TomFrost50

Oct 28, 2019
hi.. sorry I may have used the wrong term. What I mean is currently my dad has to do one complete turn of the pedals before the twist throttle will function, and if he breaks or releases the throttle, he has to do another full pedal turn before the throttle will work again.

on my other e-bikes, which use a KT LCD3, that can be disabled so you can simply twist the throttle and off you go. is that possible to set up on the KM529?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
hi.. sorry I may have used the wrong term. What I mean is currently my dad has to do one complete turn of the pedals before the twist throttle will function, and if he breaks or releases the throttle, he has to do another full pedal turn before the throttle will work again.

on my other e-bikes, which use a KT LCD3, that can be disabled so you can simply twist the throttle and off you go. is that possible to set up on the KM529?
it's possible to reprogram the controller to do that.
Where about do you live? if it's not too far from Southend, pop in to see us.

TomFrost50

Oct 28, 2019
Hi. I live in Bedford but my dad who the bike is for lives in maldon. I was due to take it to him this Friday. Is it a long job? Could I bring it to you Friday early afternoon and take it away that day?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
"Zero-start" is the Chinese phrase for an independent throttle., so you did use the correct term - sort of.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hi. I live in Bedford but my dad who the bike is for lives in maldon. I was due to take it to him this Friday. Is it a long job? Could I bring it to you Friday early afternoon and take it away that day?
it only takes 2 minutes to set up, 20 seconds to flash the controller.
which bike have you got?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
uh uh.. I don't have the code image file for its controller.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I I load the wrong code file, the controller won't work.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
you have to ask them.

TomFrost50

Oct 28, 2019
I've emailed greenway to see if they have the file. Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

TomFrost50

Oct 28, 2019
Hi all. Don't know if this helps at all. As the bike doesn't have a separate box or bag, I'm assuming the controller is built into the hub. I've taken the below pics. It appears to be a bafang? If anyone has the code file for this and would be willing to send it to me and/or woosh, I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Tom. received_404459717112762.jpegreceived_1251860474997167.jpegreceived_644039739752747.jpeg

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The controller will either be incorporated in the battery or in the down tube I suspect, follow the hub motor cable and it will feed in to it.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I'm assuming the controller is built into the hub.
the controller is in the compartment below the Dorado battery, inside the downtube.