Kt controller problem.

luki527

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 28, 2019
Hello! I have a problem with the KT driver. Everything is ok on outputs (54 on display, 4.6 on sensors). I have a jumper (I don't know how it call, I connect red - blue and yellow - black) on the display plug and a throttle. HaiLong 48V battery on. The controller does not respond when the throtrle is turned.

I certainly missed something, I just don't know what.

I tested with other controller with display and it didn't respond either.

The resistance between minus and phases is about 5.4kR on each.

At the battery output about 54V.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Does your LCD turn on?

Does PAS work?

Do you have brake cutouts fitted?

Let us know? Cheers

Also pictures are always helpful (even when English is a first language!)

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
S866 is Brainpower display so isn't compatible with KT controller so won't work.
Using throttle to test controller is a bad idea because it will max the current out and can cause damage if wiring/settings are wrong. You should always wire PAS up and test everything works ok in low PAS mode then try the throttle when you know the kit is working.

What you have missed is trying to mix and match non compatible components that don't have the same communication protocols between each other.

luki527

Apr 28, 2019
I know that s866 don't work with KT. I didn't use this like that.

I have controller s866 and used dislay with only that controller. \

Ok, I will try with PAS. So I need connecta PAS sensor and rotatate a magnet disc?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
In #3 your pic doesn't show a hub connected, you need to connect the three phase wires to a hub motor.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
You have the throttle plugged into the wrong connector on the controller. Red/Black/ Blue is throttle, you have it connected to the speed sensor. I can't see the wire colours on your throttle,you may have to swap them around to suit the controller.

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

luki527

Apr 28, 2019
Resistance is about 5,5kR and going up.

Someone said that I should connect + and signal on throttle plug. If motor will work controller is ok.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Kirstin & Pete the guy hasn't even got a hub connected no wonder he can't see that it works.

Reactions: harrys

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I can't really understand what you are trying to achieve without a motor/hub connected, the controller won't work unless you connect a motor/hub to allow it to do it's job ?
If you are trying to see if he controller works then you need to connect a hub motor to the phase wires, connect the battery and a PAS sensor to the Brown/Black & Yellow wire connector. Pass the magnet disc by hand by the sensor and the motor will spin.
If that happens you know all works well.
The throttle connects to the Red/Black & Blue wire connector, shorting the throttle wires won't do nothing except go bang if you short the wrong ones.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I connected and it didn't work. So I disconnected it.
That's because you connected the throttle to the wrong wire connector.

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
If you had a KT connected properly, but no motor connected, the display would power up. Then if the throttle were connected, activating throttle would give you an Error 03, which is listed as "sensor abnormality". It can't detect one or more of the three Hall Sensors. Having the 4.6V power does mean the jumper works. Some of them ship with that jumper, and I've tested with it, but never tried to ride a bike that way.

Wheeliepete is right. You have to connect your throttle to the connector with the red/black/blue wires. I believe you connected it to the speed sensor.

You probably want to buy the LCD display. The PAS level with the jumper may not suit your riding speeds. I've never ridden a bike on the jumper. Just tested it.

manman94

Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2023
Netherlands
My KT controller not working like it should ,put my bike into PAS. 1 2345 and the motor barley moved the bike I hear the motor engage but no power what so ever any ideas please ,could it be a bad halls wire connection.

esuark

Pedelecer
Jul 23, 2019
kent
I had trouble with the clutch in my bafang swx02 not engaging but these are easy to come by and I bought a new one. Another member soaked his in something to free up the rollers and cured his. Its on the forum somewhere. good luck...........

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
My KT controller not working like it should ,put my bike into PAS. 1 2345 and the motor barley moved the bike I hear the motor engage but no power what so ever any ideas please ,could it be a bad halls wire connection.
Is the wheel going backwards or forwards?