KT Controllers and Throttle Settings.

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
I have a bike with a KT controller and LCD4 display, 250W 36V Rear hub motor, it works well enough.

I want the throttle setup so that the throttle is only active when the pedals are moving, with the exception that the the throttle is always active up to 6KM/h for assisted getaways from stationary. The LCD4 manual suggests that this is possible;

The only way I can get it close to working is with P4 = 0, C4 = 4, which to me at least does not make sense according to the manwel. However, although the throttle works at startup and then cuts out, its not at 6KM/h, more like 10+KM/h and its different on each of the bikes.

Any ideas ?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I have a bike with a KT controller and LCD4 display, 250W 36V Rear hub motor, it works well enough.

I want the throttle setup so that the throttle is only active when the pedals are moving, with the exception that the the throttle is always active up to 6KM/h for assisted getaways from stationary. The LCD4 manual suggests that this is possible;

View attachment 53092

The only way I can get it close to working is with P4 = 0, C4 = 4, which to me at least does not make sense according to the manwel. However, although the throttle works at startup and then cuts out, its not at 6KM/h, more like 10+KM/h and its different on each of the bikes.

Any ideas ?
The LCD gets the speed signal from the speed sensor. Whatever speed appears on the display is calculated by the pulse speed and wheel size. I'm not sure how P1 affects that. As far as I can figure out, the controller doesn't use that speed signal for cut-offs. I made a pulsing device, which I connected to the speed sensor connection so that I could dial in any speed on the LCD independent of the actual wheel speed. With that operating, the motor always cut at the same actual wheel speed. I conclude that the cut-off speed is calculated by a signal from the hall sensor under some conditions where P1 is probably involved, and maybe the displayed speed at the time of that setting.

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
Interesting.

The displayed speed on the LCD4 is correct however, so you would think the LCD4 firmware would use the same speed sensing routines to set the 6KM/h throttle with no PAS limit.