KT lcd3 on a Cyclotricity kit

Hightechpete

Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2018
west Wales
I have a Cyclotricity front wheel kit (throttle only) installed on my steel framed Raleigh road bike, I'd like to try it with PAS. If I'm going to do it, it would be nice to have all the functions of the LCD3.

Cyclotricity don't list the LCD3 on their website, and haven't replied to my email asking if this is possible.
The bike is fitted with a KT controller with Julet connections, so I'm thinking it might might just plug and play.
Has anyone tried it, or know if it's possible?.

Another question while I'm here:-
I made the necessary connections to enable me to use two batteries in parallel, both batteries have the same chemistry, one is 11ah and the other 7ah. The plan is to be able to use either, or both for those extra long rides (It weighs so much that a couple of extra Kg is neither here nor there)

To ensure that I don't let the smoke out, the voltages on both batteries will be the same before I connect them together.
Other than than that, is there anything I should be concerned about?.

Thanks
Pete.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You can get the lcd3 direct from Yosepower via their Berlin warehouse.
https://www.yosepower.com/en/product/KT-LCD3-Display-with-Waterproof-Wires-EBike-GERMAN-Stock-Fast-Delivery-Only-Compatible-with-Our-KT-Controllers-136.html

Batteries in P are fine although differing capacities they will voltage wise quite equally, as usual when connecting make sure voltages are within 0.5v, less will be better but don't get hung up on being exactly the same. Putting the 7 & 11ah in P will be less stressful for both with discharging.

chris_n

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2016
Niedeau, Austria
Make sure the batteries are isolated from each other before charging. Other than that as you say make sure the voltages are reasonably close. Mine are both close enough straight off their dIfferent chargers.

Hightechpete

Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2018
west Wales
Thanks for the replies, I'm good to go with the two battery setup.
Thanks for the link Nealh, currently out of stock (perhaps that's why they're so cheap !), they've promised to email me when new stock arrives.
At that price it's worth a punt, if it doesn't work I'll pass it on, or keep it for the next project.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Cyclotricity don't list the LCD3 on their website, and haven't replied to my email asking if this is possible.
The bike is fitted with a KT controller with Julet connections, so I'm thinking it might might just plug and play.
Has anyone tried it, or know if it's possible?.
I can't advise on the LCD 3 but my Cyclotricity XF07 front hub works with an LCD 1 (not julet and bought elsewhere) though speed and distance aren't registered if free wheeling.
Dave.

• Informative
Reactions: Hightechpete

Hightechpete

Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2018
west Wales
though speed and distance aren't registered if free wheeling.
That's ok, I thought I might have to use a wheel mounted sensor, I wasn't sure whether the motor had one. It's good to know that the LCD1 works, that shows the connections are the same.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I can't advise on the LCD 3 but my Cyclotricity XF07 front hub works with an LCD 1 (not julet and bought elsewhere) though speed and distance aren't registered if free wheeling.
Dave.
Have you tried changing P2 setting for freewheeling, try 1 or 6 to see if it works.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Have you tried changing P2 setting for freewheeling, try 1 or 6 to see if it works.
Thanks Neal, I'll try that. The kit is now on a small bike which is a bit tricky for me to ride.
I'll report back.
Dave.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
I've just tried that, all the numbers but no difference. Not a problem as I don't think she ever looks at it anyway and there's a cat eye on the handlebars.
Many thanks.
Dave.